Can we have more than one CJ account ?
    I was reading through the site but I am not a lawyer so I may have missed it. Can we have more than one CJ account under the same SS or EIN ?

Thanks !!!

Anyone ???

Tax Paying Member
    Just so you don't feel lonesome ........My opinion

Why would you want to do that??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Speaking as someone who has sold web sites, I can certainly say that it's much easier and smoother to share data with potential buyers, and to transfer accounts after a sale, if there are separate affiliate accounts for the site.

In addition, many merchants don't look beyond the "primary site" listed for an affiliate, and will reject an affiliate application based on a lack of relevance between that main site and the merchant's site. Thus, if I have two sites (for example, "computers" and "clothing"), and the "computers" site is listed as the primary affiliate, then a clothing merchant would simply reject me, without looking to see if I list other sites that may be relevant. It's pretty annoying.

I agree with what Mark said. I'll give you another scenario. I used to own a series of sites that were poker related. Many merchants have rules against posting ads on sites like I owned. When I diversified I started another company, opened new accounts on the networks. Just so there would be no doubt about the separation. At the time CJ told me it was fine. To reiterate what Mark said, when I sold that company, it was much easier to deal with because I kept everything isolated.

Exactly Mark - This is what I am wanting to do. However I know it's possible to sign up for more than one CJ account but I wasn't sure if this was a flaw or not. And after reading through all of the legal garb I did not come across the answer or if I did it was not worded for the layman.

So that leads me to my original question now modified.

Can we sign for more than one account under the same SS or EIN and obtain payment with out violation of any CJ rules ?

And have you done so ?

it looks like this may have been answered while I was authoring this post
    Last edited by just-a-fan; July 27th, 2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by just-a-fan
    Can we sign for more than one account under the same SS or EIN and obtain payment with out violation of any CJ rules ?

And have you done so ?
    Best to ask CJ. You never know when they change the rules. In my case I had different EIN.

I list my sites under one account -- but one the other hand, some people see me as boring anyway
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I list my sites under one account -- but one the other hand, some people see me as boring anyway
    PLEASE can you refrain from commenting just to increase your post count? Who cares that you have all of your sites under one account when that is not what the OP is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    PLEASE can you refrain from commenting just to increase your post count? Who cares that you have all of your sites under one account when that is not what the OP is asking.
    I was trying to answer his question.

Why would anyone need two separate accounts for the same social security number when it is possible to list all of the sites under one account?

You're just too dense, Snowman, to see the obvious answer! Also, I have sooo many posts I don't need to try to "increase [my] post count."

I'm trying to help the person [that might be something foreign to your selfish mode].
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

11. Thanks From:

I think it's possible since the CJP application mentions a $10,000/month minimum combined over all of a publisher's account. However, you'll want to check with CJ to make sure.

Yes, you can have more than one CJ account with different EIN numbers. We have several corporations and legally we have to keep everything separate as they are different entities. They can't "share" one account for tax purposes alone.

Really there is nothing CJ can do about it as long as you are a legal entity and provide all the necessary information. Just part of business.

Much like those corporations can't share all the same bank account, merchant accounts, etc. They must be kept separate for accounting purposes, and since CJ is another accounts receivable (and taxable income) it is pretty much required at my end of things.

Now just to have more than one CJ account just because you have different sites is not advised, UNLESS there is a reason to keep those sites apart. The reasoning for multiple corporations on our part is that the sites have completely different goals, are different industries, etc (and a list of other things, but that is the basics). Not to mention different people at a few of them.

I run all the CJ accounts for each corporation (for years) and CJ has never had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Yes, you can have more than one CJ account with different EIN numbers. We have several corporations and legally we have to keep everything separate as they are different entities. They can't "share" one account for tax purposes alone.
    I run all the CJ accounts for each corporation (for years) and CJ has never had a problem with it.

Thanks,

After careful consideration that's the route we are going to persue rather then run it through one of our current accounts.

CJ tends to get things mixed up from time to time and last time, so I tend not to complicate things for them.

Just-A-Fan

I don't see why not. But if you can consolidate your accounts together to easiliy manage all of you sites and appy for the CJP status, you may see more benefits. CJP does get you more perks than a high EPC affiliate.

Thanks Nakedgamer, I also needed the answer to the original question asked about having more than one account, I have considered individual accounts, but was a bit unsure about it myself. Thanks for the info, even if I was not the one who asked the question.

I have three

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    We'd like to create additional accounts AND link them, if necessary.

Couple questions before we're forced to deal with CJ customer service.

• 1) Can we use the same company name, EIN, and bank account?
    • 2) Will merchants be able to see linked accounts and the sites on them (there are some really uptight merchants who don't like some of our websites)?
    • 3) Not that it really matters, but are payments consolidated or paid separately, per account?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I have two accounts and it did create a bit of a problem last year which Chuck helped me resolve. Had it not been for his relationship w/ CJ, I'd probably have two closed accounts. Be very upfront with your reasons for wanting the two accounts and ask them about the SS# on one and EIN on the other. Proceed carefully.

Oh and on a sidenote.. Rhia7 stays up nights worried about her ABW post count. (Not!)
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

20. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I think the bottom line is (unless you have an inside connection) a single person or entity can only have one account but separate entities with separate tax ids can have separate accounts, even if they are owned/operated/controlled/run by the same person. If the accounts are reported under separate tax ids, then it is highly unlikely that payments could be consolidated (someone above mentioned something about that).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I have two accounts...
    Are they linked?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    I think the bottom line is (unless you have an inside connection) a single person or entity can only have one account but separate entities with separate tax ids can have separate accounts, even if they are owned/operated/controlled/run by the same person. If the accounts are reported under separate tax ids, then it is highly unlikely that payments could be consolidated (someone above mentioned something about that).
    Hmmm...

This has me intrigued. If an affiliate has more than one account, but yet separate EINs (or SS#), then why link them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

This answers PART of my earlier question regarding linking.

http://cjsupport.custhelp.com/app/an...ple%20accounts

Publishers can link accounts by clicking on their account name in the header and accessing the login manager section to add multiple accounts. The Login Manager is a Superuser function only, and does not appear for other users.

We recommend linking accounts as this enables you to view, enter and exit all of your accounts regardless of in which account you currently reside. Linking accounts, however does not mean that advertiser relationships are available across all accounts.

Linking accounts does not combine any transactional information or settings. Each account remains distinct with respect to traffic generated and advertiser relationships.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    That's not accurate. I had two accounts and I hardly knew anyone in CJ at that time. I had a cashback site then and some vendors wd reject me since I had a cashback site. So I asked the helpdesk and they advised that I create a 2nd account.

26. Thanks From:

Sent CJ a support ticket yesterday - Surprisingly, they responded in a few hours.

While the response was semi-coherent, was able to get the answers I sought.

• 1) Can we use the same company name, EIN, and bank account? YES
    • 2) Will merchants be able to see linked accounts and the sites on them (there are some really uptight merchants who don't like some of our websites)? NO
    • 3) Not that it really matters, but are payments consolidated or paid separately, per account? SEPARATELY, PER ACCOUNT

Also:

• 4) Links will only work for merchants you belong to under each account
    • 5) Need unique login info (email address, etc)

And, per their FAQ - Linked accounts are for the affiliates admin viewing pleasure, only.

Off to build a list of merchants for the niche sites, notify them of the move to a new account, and get everything else rolling...

29. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread