I own ShoppingForChange.com and would like to create a site where a portion of its income would be donated to a cause.

I just stumbled on www.buyforcharity.com which comes pretty close to what I was thinking but it looks like tooo much work. I was also thinking to adopt a single cause like breast cancer and give donations to that.

Any thoughts? I would be open to codeveloping such a site with interested parties. I can host it myself and design. Would need someone who understands this affiliate thing way more than I.

Also, would this be considered a trademark violation of www.workingforchange.com who also owns shopforchange.com?

Pretty good search results on Google.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ing+for+change

Cheers...

Live and Let Shwing.

[This message was edited by Shoparama on January 04, 2003 at 03:03 PM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Be realistic. Another charity donation shopping site would never get any traffic even if you had a huge budget. If you had the budget you'd be forced to purchase some Adwarez TopMoxie plug-in shopping bar and just steal commission from others for the charity donations.

Single causes with local news coverage for little Johnnies Brain Transplant and deals like that Siamese Twin seperation operation would be a traffic generator for a while. The bad media PR rap from middlemen Charity fundraisers hooked to Telemarketers makes online people choose a local needy cause.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Crickey! I didn't realize they had that reputation.I guess I'll just use it as a redirect.

Thanks...

Live and Let Shwing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shoparama:
    Crickey! I didn't realize they had that reputation.I guess I'll just use it as a redirect.

Thanks...

Live and Let Shwing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just pick a charity and just directly give them your donation?

and just create you one great shopping site that would sell lot's of products and give some portion to the charity you pick?

That's not a bad idea hmmmm.

Is there a way we can find out a list of charity that is legit?

I hope you find what you looking for.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Hi,
    As the owner of Buyforcharity.com I would like to say I am glad you noticed the site. We are gaining new people everyday and growing strong. From my experience, it will be difficult to find a single organization to benefit from the affiliate commissions because your site is not focused on one particular charity or cause. If you are serious about providing your visitors a way to give back. Perhaps we can talk and see if we can come up with a way to integrate Buyforcharity.com and allow everyone an opportunity to give back to their cause of choice. I can be reached at 713-772-3907 or you can e-mail me at snewman@buyforcharity.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Steven and welcome to ABW. I was wondering if you could provide more information regarding your Money Save application that will be available soon.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

The money saver application has been in development for about 6 months. It was a program that would be a reminder to members who downloaded it. Because all of this talk about parasite software we have halted the development of the product until we can ensure a few of the following things.
    1. merchants will go along with it
    2. It keeps the playing field fair for all affiliates
    3. and we feel confortable making it available

So, I hope that answers your questions

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread