Walter Drake Errors
    I have noticed that the first time I click on a published product link for Walter Drake I get this message: "An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly. You may also call (Phone Number) to place your order." If I click the product link again it goes to the product. I use Firefox. Again, this only happens for the 1st click, but if it happens to a customer, more than likely they will leave and not click the link again or call the phone number to order.

I have not contacted Walter Drake yet, I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks
    Tami

15 years and counting
    That's just one of their old tricks. They may change network but the problems are still the same. Forget them.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I get this for them and for theHomeMarketplace (both M Kimble Cos).

Despite this, my WDrake sales have increased considerably since their switch to LS. I wonder what they would be if this error wasn't happening?

Note: This was brought up in another thread two or three weeks ago. Obviously, WDrake has no interest in correcting the problem.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Tami

We've already posted this elswhere

LS wss aware of problem - unable to duplicate it

They had someone from The Miles Kimbal Company check my site

He said the problem lies in the Linkshare redirection

As of yesterday, LS's tech people are looking into it.

I have very few of their products posted, they have never converted very well for me. I checked my The Home Market Place links and they are doing the same for me too. If this doesn't stop soon I will pull all of them.
    I am glad LS is looking into this.

Thanks,
    Tami

Do they really intend to fix this?
    Last week, I spoke to a friend of mine who recently moved to New York. He asked me about a kitchen item he wanted to buy, and I directed him to a section of these items on one of my sites.

A little while ago, he called me to say he bought one of these items from me. Then he says how well it worked out, as he has some orthopedic problems, and the less typing and clicks he has to do the better. So he tells me that when he clicked on the item, he got an error page, but with a telephone number to call, so he called the number and placed the order over the phone.

Great.

I explained what happened to him, and though I think he felt bad, his only response was "It wasn't my fault."

No, it wasn't his fault, or the fault of how many other customers out there who are buying products from WDrake and HomeMarketplace through the sweat of our brows, with no commissions, as our meager reward?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

You would think that LinkShare would have a vested interest in stopping this behavior. They aren't getting paid either.

Grrrr .... I just went to one of my pages to check to see if it was still happening ... All the images are missing, and when I click on a link I get a two-word page: Service Unavailable.

Just wonderful. Is this how they fix things?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    You would think that LinkShare would have a vested interest in stopping this behavior. They aren't getting paid either.

Grrrr .... I just went to one of my pages to check to see if it was still happening ... All the images are missing, and when I click on a link I get a two-word page: Service Unavailable.

Just wonderful. Is this how they fix things?
    I just saw this, and checked some of my links. The images all appear to be ok, and other than the same first-click-only error, they are working ok.

Also, I got an email saying how they are working hard to fix the problem.

I get an error message that says "Redirection for this link has reached its limit"

Sorry, my aunt called and I got distracted. It's not the Walter Drake that it's happening to, it's The Home Marketplace. I just checked again, and I'm getting the same results. No images and "Service Unavailable." Just going to the Home Marketplace Home page, I'm getting "Service Unavailable."

On Walter Drake, the images are appearing. Clicking the link results in Loading for over two minutes. Trying to go directly to Walter Drake homepage I get the same thing. Both sites are down.

I just tried them again - directly to the HomeMarketplace and WalterDrake sites, and again to both through my links, and they all worked fine.

Now I got the error on theHomeMarketplace site. They must be going on and off.

Walter Drake is working fine for me, but Home Marketplace isn't. I just tried it on my husband's computer with Verizon DSL, and Home Marketplace is working fine.

So I'm guessing that my RoadRunner is clogging those Internet Tubes, again. I'm really getting sick and tired of this.

When I was able to access Home Marketplace on my husband's computer, the first click gave me the error page with the toll free-number. When I clicked again, I got the product page ... so the problem isn't fixed. Wonder how much money we (and LS) are losing to this?

Still getting the errors - a month now

My LS stats say 170 visitors clicked my personalized s (p e n c i l s) link last month - and just got frustrated

My "in" at The Miles Kimbal Company - which is sad, as it should read my "in" at Linkshare, says they should be fixed NLT today

I already found another supplier - I'm ready to swap. 170 Useless clicks is more then enough

Even if they only bought the minimum, a dozen s, that's $127 I threw away with useless links

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    I talked to the LinkShare team that works with Walter Drake. Both LinkShare and Walter Drake are working to resolve this issue. I was told that this issue is only affecting the individual product links and not text or banner links. I will keep you posted if I get any other updates.

Ranae

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi All,
    I talked to the LinkShare team that works with Walter Drake. Both LinkShare and Walter Drake are working to resolve this issue. I was told that this issue is only affecting the individual product links and not text or banner links. I will keep you posted if I get any other updates.
    Ranae
    They had that problem before joining Linkshare. And it was not yesterday, I saw their individual product links going to their page asking the visitor to call several years ago. They are aware of it and they did nothing for years.
    But, I guess as long as they are getting the call bypassing the affiliate and the network, they are happy.

I wonder if they'll pay us for the wasted clicks we sent all month that went to a phone number instead of a product. I'll settle for a buck per click

And don't forget it isn't JUST Walter Drake. The same thing is happening at The Home Marketplace as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    They had that problem before joining Linkshare. And it was not yesterday, I saw their individual product links going to their page asking the visitor to call several years ago. They are aware of it and they did nothing for years.
    But, I guess as long as they are getting the call bypassing the affiliate and the network, they are happy.
    Zeus you continue to be a wealth of info on affiliate marketing. Thank you!

I took their links down a long time ago and no way no how are they going back up.

Before I noticed this thread, I had received an email from an "Internet Marketing Analyst" at Miles Kimball Company, about my partnership with The Home Marketplace. I had written back that I was interested, but then I saw this thread. So, I followed-up (7/31/07) by saying that first they need to fix this problem and attached a link to this thread.

I just checked my email and found this response dated 8/2/07:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention – our IS dept has been working on the issue and plan to have it resolved by tomorrow.
    Well, it's tomorrow. I just checked my links and the first click is going to the product page. Is everybody else getting the same result?

If your exact question is "Are the product links going to the products?", then yes, they seem to have fixed it today.

If your question is "are the problems (plural) associated with their company fixed?" then, no, their head is still in the sand

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread