Will autofeed work with more than one shop per page?
    I think I know the answer to this -- it should, right?

But I have a site built around a WordPress blog with a template that uses widgets. I have a single-column PopShops shop in a widget in the left sidebar and a second PopShops shop in a widget in the right sidebar.

The both shops show the "Previous/Next" and page number navitations. The shop in the right sidebar actually works using autofeed -- the shop in the left sidebar does nothing if you click on the navigation links and only shows the first-level products. In other words, the left sidebar shop LOOKS like autofeed is there -- but it ain't working??
    Generate more fake news.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hey Gary,

It should work.
    Is the right, the one that works, showing appropriate products or is it displaying products that should be in the one on the left?
    Also do the merchants featured in the on the shop that isn't have enough products to display? Could the search be to narrow?
    Try and tweak the search. If that doesn't work please send me information about the site both feeds are displaying on and I will have my engineers take a look.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Try and tweak the search. If that doesn't work please send me information about the site both feeds are displaying on and I will have my engineers take a look.
    Yeah, thanks. I'll work over the products, search terms, etc., and let you know.
    Generate more fake news.

Gary,
    We didn't originally design AutoFeed to work with more than one per page. That being said, I did a test that has two shops on it and it does work, except that it pages through both shops at the same time, which I think is fine.

Here's the example.

As Angel mentioned, it should work. If it isn't and there are enough products to autofeed, then we'll look into it.

JessieJ

I see. My question would be this: Is it possible to tweak autofeed so that it WILL work on a specific shop only with more than one shop on a page?

Most of the sites on which I'm using PopShops have a sidebar and a main content center column. I just assumed I could put the code in both locations and set up autofeed. In some instances, I have a "Featured Products" shop at the top of the center column, then a separate, larger shop below that -- both in the center column. And it would be great to have both (all three, counting a sidebar) autofeed and change the display separately.

But, perhaps that's not feasible, or perhaps there's not enough demand for it.
    Generate more fake news.

So, in my example, it IS working with more than one shop on a page (there are two in that page). So, it should work. But, it just changes all the pages, and it has to do that because of the SEO friendly unique URLs that it gives.

Hope I'm understanding the question...

JessieJ

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    So, in my example, it IS working with more than one shop on a page (there are two in that page). So, it should work. But, it just changes all the pages, and it has to do that because of the SEO friendly unique URLs that it gives.

Hope I'm understanding the question...

JessieJ
    Yes, you're understanding what I was saying. I just wasn't thinking clearly about how things work.

I see, reflecting on the "SEO friendly unique URLs" aspect, that it probably isn't possible to let each shop autofeed/change independently. So I can go with that, thanks!

As for the problem I originally posted about here, I suspect Angel's suggestions are where the problem is with my specific shop -- not enough products, search too narrow, etc., so that it won't autofeed.

As I told him, I'll fiddle around with those parameters and see what happens.

You guys are the greatest! I love PopShops!
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    You guys are the greatest! I love PopShops!
    Me too! The program is terrific and I love it but their support is fabulous! They are always right on top of anything as soon as they know about it.

I LOVE the PopShops Team

They deserve lots & lots of great karma coming into them!

HUGS Barbara

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread