The case (cases) of disappearing FTP access??
    This problem has been mentioned in two other threads at ABW, but I don't believe it's been posted specifically here at the main SAS forum. I thought it was worth posting about to alert others who may be having the issue.

(Mods, please forgive me if starting a new thread here is out of line and delete this. I apologize in advance if I'm in error on the matter.)

It seems at least 3 of us good old SAS affiliates have found FTP access suddenly missing or never showing up for a merchant. In my case, I discovered a week or two ago that a folder wasn't in my FTP access at SAS for a merchant who had given me FTP access several months ago. Then I discovered another merchant's folder missing.

Now I discovered yesterday that a couple of others here at ABW have had this problem, both with the Russian Legacy feed I believe. So, just for the heck of it, I checked my FTP folder(s) at SAS this afternoon. Sure enough, the Russian Legacy folder had vanished from my folder structure, too.

Perhaps this is a temporary glitch or problem with this specific merchant right now?

But it seems to me that something really must be going amiss with 1) SAS or 2) SAS merchants, for this sort of thing to be happening with any frequency.

Anybody?
    Generate more fake news.

So, now some of us -- not just me, but at least one other forum member -- are missing the FTP access folder for International Bible Society (merchant 6425).

I'm heading over to the old email client right now to put in a cry for help.
    Generate more fake news.

Cheesehead lost FTP folder to Russian Legacy too... http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92742

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole issue is MUCH worse than I first thought it was.

I just sent a second email support message to SAS about the FTP access.

I just spent about 2 hours going through a downloaded list of my SAS merchants and comparing it to the FTP access interface shown on the SAS site under my affiliate account.

I found something like 20+ folders MISSING from my FTP access folder at SAS. I found at least two others which had the wrong feeds in the folders.

I hate make a big deal about this here, as I now have 2 support emails in and am awaiting help.

BUT -- since a couple of other ABW members are reporting the same problem with at least two of the feeds I found trouble with, I urge all who have FTP access with SAS to check carefully to see what feeds may be missing. And if you automate the download/update of other feeds, you ought to make sure that your scripts are downloading and updating the RIGHT feeds.
    Generate more fake news.

I also have RL and IBS which are AWOL from ftp. Acronymic!

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I also have RL and IBS which are AWOL from ftp. Acronymic!
    I'm beginning to think it's a problem with those 2 folders/accounts, as those are the 2 that are missing for me.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I'm beginning to think it's a problem with those 2 folders/accounts, as those are the 2 that are missing for me.
    Yeah, but it's MORE than just those 2 folders/accounts. See my post a couple above this -- I have more than 20 folders/accounts missing.

I haven't heard anything in response to my email to support earlier today, but it is the weekend.

One would surely hope, though, that support for SAS problems is available over the weekend, eh???
    Generate more fake news.

I'm trying very hard to be patient.

I've now sent 3 emails to SAS support. I see that the first one generated a trouble ticket at their helpdesk.

But I've not gotten an email response, not even an auto response of any sort telling me the trouble ticket was generated.

No telling how long this problem as gone on. I can't even get it completely sorted out based on my records to know for certain which feeds I have and which I don't. Because some of the folders have feeds for the wrong merchants filed under the merchant number of the folder.

Will anyone from SAS please respond? Let me know something about what's going on?

Thanks
    Generate more fake news.

All is now well.

I would be remiss if I failed to post and let everyone know that Brian and Michael are the greatest!

I honestly do not know what happened -- I'm perfectly willing to admit "pilot error" or the equivalent. In this case, that would be "writerguy error." I know there were problems, but I may have misunderstood what and how bad they were.

Because after a couple of email responses from Michael, all my FTP access folders are in place, all the datafeeds in them are the RIGHT datafeeds.

Thanks so much to the SAS support gang for dealing with that -- and thanks to them and all you good ABW folks for your patience with my rambling/ranting about it all.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    All is now well.

I would be remiss if I failed to post and let everyone know that Brian and Michael are the greatest!
    Mine all seem to be in order too. I doubt that it was your error Gary.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread