Do we need to list all websites?
    Just wondering if we should list all our websites in our account or is that only optional to make merchant approvals easier?

There are a couple merchants (I am already approved for) that I can add to different sites and before I do so wondering if it is okay to do so without (or to be more exact before) listing these sites in my account profile. Do I need approval by the merchants for each of my sites or is it once approved by a merchant I can add their links to any of my sites?

BTW, some great looking tools that really make life easier.

Thanks!
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Just wondering if we should list all our websites in our account or is that only optional to make merchant approvals easier?
    As one speaking from the merchant's side: yes, it is much easier for a merchant to understand what you're doing when you list more than one (preferably, as many as possible) affiliate website in your profile.

Geno

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hi Melanie, Thanks for posting. You can easily add web sites to your account.

Just login, click on 'Account' from the main menu, then 'Edit Websites'. On the next page click 'Add a new website'. This will assign a 'Website Id' to each new site you configure.

Login -> Account --> Edit Websites ---> Add a new website

Any Website Id will track for any site, but in order to segment your reports by site you'll want to include each in your account.

Drop me an email if you have any other questions

Thanks. I'll just go ahead and add my other sites. I was playing around with one of the tools and wound up with something that was instead perfect for another site. I wasn't sure if I needed to get approval for all my sites.
    Thanks again.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Nope. No approval needed for each site. Once you've qualified for the network and your merchants you can add/remove Website IDs at will.

Thanks again,

Any Website Id will track for any site, but in order to segment your reports by site you'll want to include each in your account.
    I think I understand that correctly, that in order to know what website is converting better, and from what website that last sale came from, it's better to list the other website, so we get a code specific for that other website.

But now I have a question, I read that "Any Website Id will track for any site."

If we only have one website listed, but before we list other websites, we use that first website ID (coded links) on another website to test those links on the other website before we list that other website.

Other than not knowing from which of the two sites the sale originates, would we still get the sale tracked, and the commision paid?

I will give just one example of why I am asking a question that may sound stupid or suspicious to others.

You have two sites site-A and site-B.

On site-a you can use PHP and other things.
    On site-b you can't use PHP or similar things.

So you list site-a and get the code under site-a, and then grab some of the code generated with PHP on site-a, and then use some of that html code and use it on site-b like, your own make apage thing. (I don't think I shoud give a way all the ideas here. )

Hi Mr. Sal,

I have to admit I am a little confused with all that but to answer your question:
    Other than not knowing from which of the two sites the sale originates, would we still get the sale tracked, and the commision paid?
    The answer is yes

Edited to add: Code isn't generated in PHP, although you'll need PHP scripting capabilities to use the Web Service Datafeed Client for example. So basically, if you're site isn't PHP compatible you won't be able to load that tool. Or, in the case of the free script we provide that will parse RSS subscriptions to HTML, that would require PHP as well.

But banner, text or advanced html ads.. plus raw datafeed files and/or any and all Javascript options.. yes those would work and track your commissions/sales on any site you add them to...whether or not that particular site was configured in AvantLink.

Does this answer your question?
    Last edited by GravityFed; July 30th, 2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: more details

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Hi Mr. Sal,

I have to admit I am a little confused with all that but to answer your question:

The answer is yes
    I knew that the answer probably was yes, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

-----------
    Ps: Now, as that comment about being confused with all that , I would not blame you for being confuse, now that I read it again, it does looks like "what the hell Sal is talking about"

I think I stuffed that post, with the website word too many times , but since I don't own website.com I would not worry too much about it.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Edited to add: Code isn't generated in PHP, although you'll need PHP scripting capabilities to use the Web Service Datafeed Client for example. So basically, if you're site isn't PHP compatible you won't be able to load that tool. Or, in the case of the free script we provide that will parse RSS subscriptions to HTML, that would require PHP as well.

But banner, text or advanced html ads.. plus raw datafeed files and/or any and all Javascript options.. yes those would work and track your commissions/sales on any site you add them to...whether or not that particular site was configured in AvantLink.

Does this answer your question?
    New post to add:

Yes, I got it confirmed now!

So I was right about asking that confusing question, because I want to try site-a code on site-b, before I list site-b too, on the network.

Thanks again!

Sal.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread