The Cookie Garden New Datafeed!
    The Cookie Garden New Datafeed!

I hate to make this post, but I have no choice.

It looks like the end of July has a lot to do with Cookies!

While I really don't care about the other cookie issues on the other two threads about the coupon cookies, or the cookie stuffing discussed on those threads, because after 4 years on ABW, I know that by next week, it will all be a past issue. [f* off, you know I am right about that comment, so deal with it on another thread if you want to argue.]

I do care about my real Cookies from the cookiegarden.com.

Yes, I know that David had the same old datafeed for a few years, and I know that some of the products didn't show an image and that for the last year that datafeed looked like shit, but........

At least the datafeed had the categories listed on the SAS Custom 1 field, so no matter what, if we just reload the same old Cookie Garden datafeed, it will still works some how ok, even with many products missing.

But....................... today.........

After I was getting happy and excited because I got my first Cookie Garden email about:
    Hello to all of my Shareasale partners!
    We recently did a server migration which caused problems with our images for our data feed. This has been fixed and we also added 200 more products to the feed!!
    There are now over 500 products for every holiday and occasion!
    Many of our products have new updated photos and product information.
    This is the time to update your data feed.
    After I updated my datafeed, I no longer have any categories on my Cookie Garden site.

It looks like somebody decided to remove all of the categories from the datafeed, this is the shit we can get now:

Custom 1
    Custom 2
    Custom 3
    Custom 4
    Custom 5
    Last Update 2007-07-30 23:14:02.047
    Come on......

I just f* up my site after the last "Cookie Garden" datafeed update!

All I got to show now is the index page and the sitemap link!

Are this is going to get fix soon, or do I have to deal with the 404's that I am dealing with, long after I dumped the bonsai merchant?

Look, if you're going to put the categories back, I can wait untill you're ready, I like my "Cookie Garden" merchant, but if you are not going to put the categories back, please just let me know soon, I don't like to waste my time on any maybe any more.

Think before you do any reply, I know some times it's not that easy, but just the same way I am asking that question now, if you're around David, please say something now, I promise not to hold you responsible for any mistake you post in the next 72 hrs.

SAS needs to do a much better job policing data feeds in general. I have only found one SAS data feed that I could use for my niche markets. Many have broken image links, obsolete products and haven't been updated for at least a couple of years.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

I just pulled a new feed date 7/31/07 04:00.

Check column 22, merchantsubcategory. The names of the categories seem to have been changed, but I'm glad they've updated and fixed the image problems.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    LOL Sal

Just yesterday I had the same problem, but with a different SAS cookie merchant

Oops, correction, merchantcategory... Sorry about that.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I just pulled a new feed date 7/31/07 04:00.

Check column 22, merchantsubcategory. The names of the categories seem to have been changed, but I'm glad they've updated and fixed the image problems.
    Thank you very much Scott,

I just added the new 7 new field names to my script, and now I get the categories back. (56 now)

manufacturer|partNumber|merchantCategory|merchantSubcategory|shortDescription|ISBN|UPC

I had to download the datafeed to my HD first, in order to check the new feed, because the preview-datafeed tool on SAS ( ) well, it only shows up to the LastUpdated field.

And now I just did a regular FTP datafeed update, and everything is running fine.

----------

I would also like to apologize to David from the cookiegarden.com for my previus post, now I know the did everything right by moving the Categories from the Custom 1 field, to the new merchantcategory field, like it was announced from SAS back in March.

I guess I can only blame myself for trusting the preview-datafeed tool on SAS, and believing that if the last field that show up there was the LastUpdated field, it was because the merchant was still using the old datafeed format.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread