Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello. I am looking for a few good merchants to replace these on the list below. The reason I need to replace them is they are on the list of being affiliated with Parasites.

What you will get from me is an affiliate partner who will work to promote your program and products tirelessly.

So, if you are selling the same types of things in the list below or have a great alternative, please answer this message. I (and probally a lot of others here) would love to hear from you!

Parasite ridden merchants need not apply.

Thanks!!
    Vicki :-)

my list of parasite merchants that I need to replace:

Zappos.com Shoes
    Wind & Weather
    Western Wear by Sheplers
    Vermont Country Store
    Stacks and Stacks
    Spiegel
    Palm Beach Jewelry
    OutdoorDecor.com
    Nordstrom.com
    New Line Cinema Studio Store
    National Geographic Store
    Kitchen Etc.
    Home Visions
    Heavenly Treasures
    GoCollect
    Genealogy.com
    The Franklin Mint
    Forzieri
    Delightful Deliveries
    CWDkids
    The Company Store
    Buy Costumes
    Brooks Brothers
    Bath and Body
    babystyle
    Art.com
    Ancestry.com
    Amazon.com
    A Birds World

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

Just curious about why amazon.com is on the list?

- Ed

"It's my hope that you'll come to appreciate the past should not be forgotten. It should be cherished, and run late-night, in syndication, after the local news." (Orange County)

Amazon is listed with Ebates.

I do really well with them but have to wonder how much better I would be doing without the Ebates affiliation.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It's my understanding, though, that they are only allowing commissions on direct sales through the eBates site. They are not included in the eBates Parasitic program, and they appear to be totally against parasitic activity.

Unless part of that is incorrect, shouldn't we be embracing Amazon rather than dumping them?

Sure it would be nice if they had no relationship at all with eBates, but just think how much better it would be if every merchant had the same policy Amazon did?

- Ed

"It's my hope that you'll come to appreciate the past should not be forgotten. It should be cherished, and run late-night, in syndication, after the local news." (Orange County)

Thanks for the heads up on that! I will reread over at their forum to see what it says!

still looking for decent merchants....

We need a list of parasite free merchants, what they sell, and what network they are affiliated with.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with that SSanf
    Cazzie

I agree and Haiko should post a warning telling us affiliates/newbies on this forum which merchants are working with parasites.

I joined a .com merchant on this forum only to find out later that they are heavily affiliated with parasites. Since that merchant pays Haiko to host a forum on ABW, the least Haiko can do is warn newbies about said merchant affiliation with parasites and how this can affect earnings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    We need a list of parasite free merchants, what they sell, and what network they are affiliated with.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon is currently listed as "coupons only" If I understand correctly this means NO REBATE paid and that Amazon is not affiliated with them at all. They just link to Amazon and provide their visitors with coupons for amazon. Someone please correct me if wrong.

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

joseph;

What exactly does "coupons only" mean, other than the fact that no rebates are given?

What are the coupons for?
    How are they able to offer them?

Thanks;

- Ed

ABW Ambassador
    I've already said it a million times, but...

ANY Commission Junction merchant or Linkshare merchant may have parasitic "affiliates" without even knowing about it. Including "affiliates" that they have already dumped once, twice, or more times before.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    abagoo,

I'm not 100% sure.

As far as I understand it it means they don't currently have an affiliate agreement with that particular site, and so, you will get no rebate, hence, "coupons only."

Ebates offers coupon codes for some merchants on their site... I guess that even though they don't have a partnership with amazon, they continue to list the coupons for reasons of visitor loyalty. But that is just a guess.

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Brian Ewing from Sheplers Western Wear has spoken out *strongly* against parasites, and stated to me at one point that if ever one joined without them knowing it, he would drop them.

I think you probably should have spoken with them before they made it to this list. Granted, their 5% isn't much to write home about, but I don't think they are willingly participating, so you need to speak with them about it, really.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Brian Ewing from Sheplers Western Wear has spoken out *strongly* against parasites, and stated to me at one point that if ever one joined without them knowing it, he would drop them.

I think you probably should have spoken with them before they made it to this list. Granted, their 5% isn't much to write home about, but I don't think they are willingly participating, so you need to speak with them about it, really.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have written to them Elbow Creek.

The reason the are on my list of merchant is because they are on Ebates list of merchants. And until they come out and do something about it, I will be looking for a replacement.

If you (or anyone else) doesn't like the fact that I listed a particular merchant - too bad.
    If a merchant does not like that I have them listed - then let them do the decent thing and quit associating with liars and thieves.

In the words of a great man...

"I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

"There's right and there's wrong. You get to do one or the other. You do the one, and you're living. You do the other, and you may be walking around, but you're dead as a beaver hat."

John Wayne

I am tired of getting screwed out of my sales. I am tired of being lied to. I am tired.

I don't lie, cheat or steal. I do not think that it is asking too much to expect the same from my merchants.

- - - - - -
    If you (or anyone else) doesn't like the fact that I listed a particular merchant - too bad.
    - - - - - -

V- All I was saying is, I hoped you communicated with Sheplers first: no need to get all touchy. I have spoken with him on multiple occaisions, he has always answered my emails readily, even once, when I made a critical comment. It's not a question of whether it bothers me, it was just a question of making sure you have actually tried to communicate with him, because personally, he is a very easy person to reach, and he has always acted in an honorable, courteous manner.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Help me make a decision

We all have our secret little over performers that we don't want to tell everyone about. I have one in particular that just rocks in one of my more powerfull income lines.

I have never told anyone about this private affiliate program and never planned to. I wonder if it would be better to help make this parasite free company a strong contender in the affiliate industry. Exposing my secret might help in giving the paramerchants a run for their/our stolen money.

I'm not asking for anyone to go ahead start a list of their hot parafree merchants but just comment on the thought.

Eh, my really good ones, I'll not mention 'less it's fairly obvious, like eBay. If you got a nice one all to yourself, I'd keep it that way, those're hard to come by!

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

@Heyder - I don't think you are obligated to tell the whole community. You do owe Cusimano one, though.

Also, you could tell the merchant about the boards and have them post how they are anti-parasite. Then affiliates who see how to market them may sign up with them. JMO.

@ElbowCreek and Vicki -- I don't market Shepler's much, but I was highly amused by those CJ emails about the ppc bids. Well, you may want to point out to him that MMM pops up on every single one of his bids when it goes through! Yup, he pays for the bid, then MMM intercedes and makes a commission. Even the ppc's where he doesn't have a bid pick up Shepler's from their secondary feed (i.e. 7search and Kanoodle), and MMM intercedes when I click on those links.

I looked at
    Overture
    7search
    FindWhat
    GoClick
    Kanoodle
    Google AdWords

Shepler's is paying for the click and then a commish to MMM.

&lt; sarcasm &gt;
    Oh, but don't worry, as of today's update and a reboot, my aff links aren't being overwritten anymore. Just my cookie if they leave and then come back via some other channel. &lt; /sarcasm&gt;

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Vicki,
    Not sure if you are already in our program or not..but we could be a replacement for your gourmet merchants in your list. This is the perfect time to join our program..this is our busiest time of year. Gift baskets are perfect holiday gift. Our regular commission is 12-15% and our holiday commission is 15-18% with low tiers..30 return days and for December $1 threshold(linkshare's program) AND we have a cash bonus offer for ABWers only..check it out in the Exclusive Offers forum.
    We are against parasites..we dropped ebates a week ago after they failed to improve their downloads to not redirect(though it was not redirecting from our site..Top Moxie does not work on our site for some reason..I am active here at ABW (though no official forum right now)

Anyway..if you have any questions about our Linkshare program..feel free to email me!

Best of luck!

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

Thanks Patty! Glad to hear from you!

I just took a quick look at your site and you have lots of nice things I could use on several of my sites!

Heading over there in a few to sign up. I promise to start replaceing links today. Have lots to replace so it will take some time.

And I would like to thank you for your stance against parasites!!

Everyone take note - here is a DECENT merchant! Let's all start supporting those who REALLY care!!

--------

another one bites the dust....
    bye bye Delightful Deliveries!!

I am pleased to announce that Nordstrom has stepped up to the plate and come out against parasites!!

Way to go!!!

Come on merchants - the challenge is -

Do the Right Thing!!

Sheplers, like I suspected, dropped ebates as soon as I mentioned it to Brian. Like I said earlier in this thread, Sheplers westernwear.com is a decent company, the AM, Brian Ewing is a straight up, honest AM. Although the 5% is a tad low, it's a good program overall.

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

Vicki,

SeaEagle.com pays 15% commission on high ticket(avg $500) inflatable kayaks and boats suitable to a broad market. We've gotten rid of ebates and wurld media(ughhh!) and are parasite-free.

We're on CJ.com or you can find out through http://www.seaeagle.com/affiliate

John Hoge
    SeaEagle.com

In response to a warning issued a couple posts back...

While it's true that "any merchant who uses CJ could have parasites without knowing it," the parasites couldn't be very significant before the AM noticed it.

FranklinCovey uses CJ, and I routinely check through all of our performing affiliates to make sure they're legit. (As well as to see if there's anything I can do to help them perform better!) It's pretty easy to tell, when you visit a site.

We offer 15% commissions and I love to work with willing affiliates -- coming up with ads and promotions, email campaigns, and any other resources that will help you succeed.

-----

http://www.10xmarketing.com/franklincovey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast