Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The winner who posted the 100,000th post (before Thanksgiving) embodies all that an independent affiliate marketer represents in words and spirit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I want to offer a prize to this poster and plaster the post all over the internet via press releases etc. (BTW - It took a "rival" board three years to reach 100K and we did it in 15 months).

Suggestions?

PS No, the winner does not know who they are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I thought you had those trophies for such an occasion.

I wanted to do more than just a trophy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

As Pooh Bear would say "thinking is so hard sometimes". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Money, to be used as the winner chooses!

I know *I* wouldn't be disappointed...the "little white envelope" has always been my favorite gift to get. I think most people would agree.

Money matches everything and fits everyone.

With Money, there's no need to "take it back". Nor is the person stuck with something they don't want, but are embarrassed/ashamed to Ditch out of fears of offending.

Nobody ever has so much of it, that they wouldn't accept more.

It's never a pain to use it.

It works everywhere.

It won't break.

No assembly required!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Hehe, Leader seems desperate for cash. Does this mean you didn't save up anything before it all came crashing down? As for the prize, a years worth of free hosting.

I want a service such as having someone set up those data feeds for me and explaining exactly what it is and how to use it.

Or, since word tracker is such a big deal, how about Word Tracker paid for for a time?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Money, to be used as the winner chooses!

I know *I* wouldn't be disappointed...the "little white envelope" has always been my favorite gift to get. I think most people would agree.

Money matches everything and fits everyone.

With Money, there's no need to "take it back". Nor is the person stuck with something they don't want, but are embarrassed/ashamed to Ditch out of fears of offending.

Nobody ever has so much of it, that they wouldn't accept more.

It's never a pain to use it.

It works everywhere.

It won't break.

No assembly required!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happens if the wifey gets her paws on first....all of the above means nothing then [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Wow, congratulations on the 100,000th post! A job well done by everyone. And a very generous gesture on your part Haiko to be offerring a prize to that poster.

I would hope that whatever the prize is and whoever receives it, would be thankful for it and not "ashamed or embarassed" by it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

The recommendations given so far have been good ones. With so many members here at all different levels of expertise and experience in affiliate marketing, what would be most beneficial to someone can probably vary. Maybe what you could do would be to offer a few different choices based on the price range. Then the winner could choose the one that is most appealling to them.

Some possible good prizes might be those things already listed and:

PPC search listings
    domain registration
    site template purchase
    logo/banner design
    x months of internet access fees
    an seo of their site

Maybe some of the members here who have services/products might like to sponsor some prizes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW, since the 100,000th post was reached in Nov, just curious as to what post # we are up to now. I see we are very close to the 7000th member! With this group, you can never have enough different stats. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

A dual time clock (1 for cj time)

Why don't you just ask Mike what he wants? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    $100,000

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    BLFH...

You have taken my comment about being "ashamed and embarrassed" out of context. The person wouldn't be ashamed of a GIFT--but by taking some of them back to the store! And I wasn't saying any particular person's gift would go back.

I mean, CERTAINLY you've gotten things for Christmas or your birthday that you wanted to take back, but didn't have the heart to tell your Aunt Edna that a big, oversized floral-design sweater wasn't your taste! And then when she finds out you ditched that sweater, she lays on the Guilt Trip BS about how she picked it "just for you" and all that gooey stuff... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

That said, your ideas are good except I would be very leery about the PPC listings. That may end up just being a gift to the w*nks at OverSure when they just categorically deny all the listings. Overture doesn't need any gifts.

Tweaker--I'm not "desperate" for cash, nor did anything come crashing down! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Cash is always good. It wouldn't matter if I was richer than Gates--there's just no such thing as "too much" cash! Kind of like how Gordon will never get "too much" beer... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

WW--You mean "one night of marital bliss" wouldn't be a good trade when the wifey buys that nice fur coat, with your winnings? Awwww...

Edited--just saw Jimbo's post--Yeah, $100,000! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] That's a fitting number...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Any clue on to who it might be?

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

Well, obviously I don't post enough here to even have a chance at winning, but I do want to say that if a $100,000 prize isn't possible [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img], a 6-month paid subscription to Wordtracker would be welcomed by any affiliate worth his or her salt. Chances are, if any of the main suspects are the winner, they already have a subscription - in that case, their subscription can be extended.

J

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    @Leader,

Sorry about that. I really shouldn't read and respond to posts until I've had at least my first cup of coffee. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I think we were actually saying about the same thing, just in different ways and your suggestion was for the prize to be cash.

And yes, I've been in that gift situation. A running joke in my family now was my b-day gift from my Mom for my big three oh birthday. I had made the unfortunate mistake to mentioning about 3 months prior to my b-day in a casual conversation after doing a bunch of yard work that I needed to get a wheelbarrow. Well, you can guess what I got for my 30th birthday! Not exactly what I had in mind. Thankfully, I have a very good relationship with Mom, and she didn't take offense to my bouts of hysterical laughter when she proudly branished the gift for my pleasure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] She does now ask specifically what I want for gifts. hehehe.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I know if it were me, I would love a years supply of coffee.
    Cash is always nice too.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Sounds great, especially if it is me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think a great deal of free press for the persons site may be enough.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Being that we don't know if it's a merchant -affiliate -or one of those network power brokers I'd have to suggest cash or a PPCSE deposit. A private parking space at ABW would also be a nice consideration.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Like Scott said, what do you want mike?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I want a service such as having someone set up those data feeds for me and explaining exactly what it is and how to use it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think this idea is a very good one for somebody who does not know how to use them. It would enable them to boost their earnings for a long time especially if it was mysql database or something and not just a basic cgi-script.

I also think the award itself would bring imense gratification to whoever wins.

If Mike wins I recon a years supply of parrot food would go down well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

You don't have to pick a prize. Just put together a list of options and let them pick their own prize from the list. Some of my relatives do their gift giving like that.

Ray

If it's slick, it's not sticky.

How about a bunch of tiny classified ads for their site in a bunch of those free weekly newspapers?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If Mike wins it's definitely top quality Parrot food and my own user name and password to ABW..

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Even for the gift ideas, we can't take our minds off of affiliate/online marketing.

I think it should be something not related to web.

Cash is good:
    How about 2 cents for every post that person has posted?

Also sponsoring the prize is a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast