Question about customizing shops??
    Hi,

Is there anyway to add a line in each product "cell" on a shop such as "More Info" or "Click Here" or "Click Here for More Info" somewhere near the bottom of the cell?

This might seem obvious, since anyone familiar with the Internet will recognize the clickable product names or whatever. But it would be nice to be able to add something like that.

I know we can edit individual descriptions and probably could put a line there? But if we're using autofeed, only the descriptions at the storefront would contain such a link.
    Generate more fake news.

*bump* ??????????
    Generate more fake news.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi Gary,

Sorry about the delay on the response.

You could add such text as part of the description of the product. You could do this manually by writing "CLICK HERE", for example, in each product description. Or by using the Append feature in our SEO rules if you want to do this across multiple products.

Let me know if this helps.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Hi Gary,

Sorry about the delay on the response.

You could add such text as part of the description of the product. You could do this manually by writing "CLICK HERE", for example, in each product description. Or by using the Append feature in our SEO rules if you want to do this across multiple products.

Let me know if this helps.
    Append feature? That sounds like it would be good. I must admit, I don't know where to find that. I perhaps need to read or reread the FAQ at the site.

Or perhaps you can just clue me in about where to find SEO rules and append stuff??
    Generate more fake news.

But the description isn't clickable ... not sure how it would help to add something there. A "order now" or "buy it now" button or link might be good. Or, as Gary suggested, a clickable link at the bottom of the description.

Sue.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Actually, that is a good point Sue. The description generates as text so if you place "CLICK HERE" it would still be text.

I will go ahead an put that in as a feature request since both you and Gary find it useful.

About the Append feature it is part of the SEO toolset and comes with the Enterprise plan allowing you to affect text through multiple descriptions. You can Append, Search and Replace, and create other nifty rules to help augment text and meta that are part of the product display.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Actually, that is a good point Sue. The description generates as text so if you place "CLICK HERE" it would still be text.

I will go ahead an put that in as a feature request since both you and Gary find it useful.
    Great, thanks Angel. I think it would be helpful and I'm looking forward to anything you guys can do with it.

About the Append feature it is part of the SEO toolset and comes with the Enterprise plan allowing you to affect text through multiple descriptions. You can Append, Search and Replace, and create other nifty rules to help augment text and meta that are part of the product display.
    Ah, so that's why I can't figure anything out with it. I'm on the "Pro" plan. Of course, when this all really takes off for me and I start raking in Mucho Big $$$ via PopShops, then I'll upgrade to that "Enterprise" plan.
    Generate more fake news.

I also would like to have this capability. This is the first day I've used popshops and so far I love it. But one of the first things I noticed is that there is no way to add a call to action. (Like an "add to cart" or "buy now" button for example.) Pages with a call to action convert much better.

Mary

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread