"Clicks: 1038, Sales: 0 (1 pending)"

That's a snapshot of one day's activity of one of my sites. The pending sale is on a lucky day.

The site gets 1500-2500 uniques a day, but I just cant seem to sell them anything. I have tried textlinks, ads, putting paragraphs with great products on sale on the index page (with pictures!). ZIP. They are just freeloaders eating up my bandwidth.

The unsolved mystery is that those visitors are pretty targeted, looking for consumer electronics information.

I remember reading something here about smaller search engines paying for visitors, 1-5 cents per click. I have signed up with clickxchange, but most of their programs are US only, pays only 1 cent per click, or the destination page is so but ugly I don't even wanna send my worst enemy to them.

Could anyone recommend something, any experiences, suggestions?

-- Less is more --

ABW Ambassador
    Check out Revenue Pilot...using their javascript include you can embed the search results into your site...PM if you want an example

they also pay 10% for referrals, so let me know if you sign up & I can give you my link if you want

Supras | Celicas

Celi,
    A little more information and a link would be nice - today is my lazy day. And you can earn your 10%

Anyway, I just wanted to add that half of those close to 2000 daily visitors are looking for a specific product. The other half are interested in consumer electronic products generally.

I have looked at various options. I could maybe get $2.5 for 1000 impressions using a popunder. That's $5 per day, or $150 per month.

Most CPC programs pay $0.01 per click. Currently I get at least half of the visitors to click on a link (because the site doesn't have the information they are looking for, it's about something else). So that's 1000 clicks per day = $10 per day, or $300 per month. But I'm not giving my traffic away for 1 cent a click - in that case I would just send them to Google as a protest against low commissions.

I would prefer to redirect the traffic somewhere for CPC, not having to include a search box on my site.

Anyhow I look at it, $15 a day for 2000 impressions and 1000 click-throughs - that's peanut money. I should be able to get at least $100 a day with that kind of traffic.

And even though I write English like a pig on speed, I do know how to sell. For most of my other sites I have an EPC higher than $20.

Which brings me to something else. Why are we getting such low commissions overall? Looking through CJ, consumer electronic merchants (decent ones) usually pay 2%-5%. 2% makes the affiliate $6 for a $300 order - an order it probably took the customer weeks to decide to place. The merchant makes a proft on the initial order, and for the next 5-10 years the client will get a weekly mail with more great offers from the merchant. We are definitely getting screwed here.

-- Less is more --

[This message was edited by Cellophane on January 09, 2003 at 02:25 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Laughing big time on this one
    Please explain what exactly a pig on speed is/does?????

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    Cellophane,
    Check your private topics
    -E

Supras | Celicas

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread