Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disaster!
    I bought a hosting package from SimpleBizHosting.com which is, apparently, a part of crossnetmedia.com so that I could host all my sites myself. I paid for the services for a year in advance so that I would not need to worry about a monthly bill and to get the discount.

Well, I woke up this morning and all my sites are gone.

SimpleBizHosting.com and crossnetmedia.com are gone.

I found the phone number for crossnetmedia.com through who is. You guessed it. The phone listed is disconnected!!!

If they have cut and run, that pretty much wipes me out. Trust me, I am in no mood to start over at this time! Especially since all the SEs are probably trashing my sites right this minute and they will be extreemly damaged if I have to move them all because of the time factor.

Does anyone have any information on this situation?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I've never heard of them. I feel bad about your situation but why are people buying hosting from these kinds of places? To save a buck or two a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I've never heard of them. I feel bad about your situation but why are people buying hosting from these kinds of places? To save a buck or two a month?
    Sorry, but the savings was probably over $700 for each ten sites relative to other arrangements.

But, hey. Way to pour salt in the wound.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I am so so sorry.

I have not heard anything about this, but I just had to sympathize.

ABW Ambassador
    Try to contact your old host/hosts
    See if they MAY still have a backup.

Thanks I have back up. They have been doing business since 2003 which is fairly stable in internet time. I swear I got the recommendation here. But, I can't be positive, now.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Do you not have backups of your site? Yikes. Good lesson for the rest of us.

I do have back ups.

I am just sick of this crap.

This is the third time I have gone with hosting that crapped out.

There was thmedia, then Doc, now this.

All were good at the time. All had references. Then, they crapped out.

I had a resellers account. What if I had actuall SOLD hosting?? My reputation would be shot to hell. As it is my church's site is gone. (Yes, Pagans acn be affiliated with churches)

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    SSanf,

They seemeto have been using theplanet.com for their servers. Maybe they can give you some information about what is going on.

Really sorry to hear this has happened. 347 sites impacted off that one IP address. Who knows if they had more IPs or not. I would think probably so. But the handful of domains I checked on that IP are all down and I get an unable to resolve DNS message when trying to do a reverse IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    SSanf,

They seemeto have been using theplanet.com for their servers. Maybe they can give you some information about what is going on.
    Thank you for some helpful information. The number is busy, right now. I will keep trying.

They refuse to give me any information because I am a third party.

Most likely scenerio is they didn't pay their bill. Guess they didn't pay their phone, either.

I really feel for anyone who actually was selling hosting through a reseller account.

I only have one site left on other hosting. It makes a little money. But, I am pretty much retired, now, and can get by on my retirement income. I don't live off the sites like I used to. I don't know if I am interested in rebuilding any more.

AM was very good to me when I needed to earn money from home to raise my last kid. Now, it is just me and I can make do without AM.

And, I am really tired of this sort of thing.

We all get old.

15 years and counting
    I feel sorry for you SSanf.
    I don't trust any of these fly by night hosting companies. I had so many problems even with the so called reliable ones. One of my worst nightware was with Earthlink. I've my own servers, my own DNS and plenty of room in different locations. From West to East. I'm scared of earthquakes in California, hurricanes in Florida... Because of that I'm paying at least 3 times what I should but I feel more secure.
    I can switch my sites from one place to another in no time.
    Always think of how much it will cost you per day if your sites are down.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Wow, Sandra, so sorry to hear about this. I sent you a PM with contact info for my host. He's not cheap but he's very good. I've been with him for seven years.

Please don't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I feel sorry for you SSanf.
    I don't trust any of these fly by night hosting companies.
    The thing is that every company I have used was well spoken of and others had good experience with them. They are all good until the day that they aren't.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    SSanf, don't give up we have all gone through this with reseller accounts and untrusted hosts. I stopped resellers years ago because of that.

You have the backups, so just loaded them up quick unto another inexpensive reliable hosts. I've used godaddy.com in the past many times to get started and then transition over, they are inexpensive and good to get you going again. I have no affiliation with them and there are other good ones too but just have to make sure other ones are using reliable networks and servers if hosted at third party co-locations.

15 years and counting
    I know, it tooks me years to understand what to you. I had sites on ThMedia, too. At least I was able to get out without too much trouble.
    Just an advice, never trust a host with your urls, do your own registration, at least be able to change yourself the DNS. I had very valuable URLs stolen by unscrupulous hosts just because they were able to register their name instead of mine.
    If you have a backup, you're safe. Hosting is quite cheap now.

SSanf I am really sorry you are going thru this. I know it must be devastating. I hope you don't give up since you have so much time invested in your sites. Maybe get them back up somewhere while you think it thru. If you decide to get out of the business maybe you could sell them?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Even godaddy is not that cheap when you have a lot of domains and they are big.

ABW Ambassador
    "But, hey. Way to pour salt in the wound."

That wasn't my intention, like I said I feel bad for you but:

"This is the third time I have gone with hosting that crapped out."

And you're still looking for cheap. Cheap is great but I went searching for the one you're having a problem with and there is 0 mention on ABW so you didn't hear about them here. How about reliable that might cost a little more? Having your sites wiped out usually costs people more than any savings you think you might be getting upfront. Hopefully you get this all worked out and get some good hosting. Check out the hosting forum here, other hosting forums on the web.

Holy crap! LowestDomainRates.com is down, too!

How would I even be able to change the DNS??

That is the one that was associated with THMedia. I have used them all this time.

LowestDomainRates.com was sending bills out only yesterday! They are associated in some way with CrossNetMedia. If they knew they were going to do this and still collecting money, shame, shame, shame!

How immoral!

Maybe, they will come back up. But, the disconnected phone makes me doubt it.
    Last edited by SSanf; August 1st, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I went searching for the one you're having a problem with and there is 0 mention on ABW so you didn't hear about them here.
    I am almost positive that I did get the recommendation here. I didn't pull it out of a hat. But, it was a long time ago and I am getting old.

It could be so old the search does not find it or it could have been a long discarded PM.

And, I could also be wrong. I was once. It was back in '87.

pay with a credit card issue a charge back.

My bank allows for charge backs to take place for up to two years.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Sandra, try Webhostingtalk.com, they know -talk about-every host maybe they can help.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Thank you.

I am working on something in the Pagan community to host my sites. I don't know if this is my answer but it may be.

Ticks me off that I may have to pay a second time for the same service.

I don't know how I am going to get the DNS changed, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast