Get Healthy Changing 1 Habit At A Time: Tip 1
    I'm not going to say I know absolutely everything on losing weight and weight training, but I do know enough. I was a personal trainer up until I started working for Share Results. I still teach Spinning classes (indoor cycling). Nutrition wise, I have become vegan (I eat nothing that came from an animal or that was an animal) therefore I read plenty on where to get vitamins and minerals from. Here is my advice on being healthy:

If you want to lose weight, don't change everything in your entire life at once. You want to go gradually otherwise you go through "withdrawl". You don't want to shock your system or starve yourself. Look at the small, easier things you can change in your day to day life. For example, if you drink a can of soda a day change it for juice (watch the sugar though!), water or tea. Green tea is the best as it will increase your metabolism. If you've never had green tea you'll be amazed at the variety. I recommend buying a variety box to try out a few and then buy the ones you like. My personal favorites are Peppermint (it's refreshing to have ice cold and delicious hot) and Chai by Stash as well Green Tea with Rose by Four O'clock (this one is organic therefore a little more expensive).

I keep boxes at my desk and drink through out the day. Because I am having a cup at a time, I can use the same tea bag all day. Drinking tea will increase your water intake, you will notice you may be going to the bathroom much more frequently but this is good. Your systems' digestive system will slowly start to function much better.

I was told that red tea is good as well, but seeing as I haven't tried it or know anything about Red Tea, I cannot recommend it just yet. But if anybody has information on it, spread the knowledge!

So, what will you change this week?

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Interestingly lots of people subscribe to the opposite theory. Making little steps, it seems to me, is like cutting back on the number of cigarettes you smoke. You might cut back a little but most likely you will continue to be a smoker.

For me I found making complete changes in my eating habits for a couple of weeks and then slowly adding back some of the things I missed works much better.

Visitourmall:
    Just a couple questions to understand your method. Did you cut out unhealthy foods out of your diet and then add them back when you missed them?
    If this is your method, and using your example, the first thing that came to mind was, isn't that like a 2 pack a day smoker quiting cold turkey and then starting on one pack a day a few weeks later?

Everybody has their way of becoming healthier. Personally, if you've improved your eating habits or exercise regime and you feel good, that's all that really matters. There are thousands of ways to lose weight, to live a healthier lifestyle, etc. I will be giving different points of view and advice on an almost daily basis. I don't expect what worked for one person to have the same effect on everybody.

Thanks for your input,hopefully we won't always have opposing views!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Great point on the smoker analogy! Never thought of it that way.

Yes, I have cut out all fried foods and any fatty desserts (what else is there?) and do enough cardio in the morning to burn off my breakfast. I am very close to what I consider my ideal weight now and so glad.

I have certainly found the older I get the moe difficult it is to get back in shape so you might as well stay that way if possible.

Getting in shape is hard no matter what age a person is. It takes a lot of motivation and courage (family and friends aren't always supportive).

It's good to hear.. err read that you've stuck with it! Though I hope you haven't cut out all desserts! That's the best part of the meal! If you'd like, I can give you some of the best dessert recipes I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Green tea is the best as it will increase your metabolism. If you've never had green tea you'll be amazed at the variety.
    Salada Green Tea "Purple Antioxidants" is my favorite. It has a blueberry flavor.

I like your idea of changing one habit at a time. It lets you concentrate your focus in one area until the change becomes habit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread