Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Moving Weekend For Me! :)
    I mentioned in a thread a month or so ago that the hubby and I had found our dream house. The deal is now sealed...and we are moving in this weekend. We are going from 990 square feet with 5 people (Us + 3 kids) to 3200 square feet. Oh the joy!

I will be out of the office until August 6th, but not unreachable. If you have an urgent matter, please contact me via email or PM on ABW or send an email to 4checksam @ gmail.com. Unfortunately, I do not have access to my other email accounts from home.

If anyone has any funny moving stories, they would like to share - please post! Today has been a little crazy and I could sure use the laugh. Thanks guys!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Internet Cowboy
    Wow Kim, 990 to 3200. You will be in hog heaven...until the utility bills start rolling in. Actually though, my utility bills in my new house are about what they were in the old house in Florida. This house is 2x the size but is much more efficient. Hopefully the same will happen for you and your family.
    Congrats on the new house. I am very happy for you

Congrats Kim! That's FANTASTIC!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Way to go Kim on your new home!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    3200?? That's like a mansion!!!!

(or the men's room at The Bellagio)

Have fun. Call me if you need help. Haven't had to use my "bad back" excuse in a while!

Thanks for the good wishes :)
    Thank you for all of your good wishes!

Thankfully we have secured arrangements so the 3 kiddies will not be underfoot.

I am definitely not looking forward to the utility bills, but we need the space so badly! The hubby says he wants another baby now that we have more room - I asked if he would settle for a dog!

Online Marketing Consultant
    Hiya Kim, congrats on the new place......feel free to call me if you need help moving or someone to celebrate with =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Wow, what Billy said, that's HUGE. I had a friend with a house that sized in NJ and after a few years it was too much, but they went renegade and now are traveling the country in an RV!!! Sold the big house and went to teeny tiny. With 2 kids and a dog. And a husband, lol.

Congrats, and enjoy. Take your time moving, and get things set up right away, otherwise it never gets unpacked, trust me
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Congrats on the new house! We just closed on our new house today also. The beautiful thing about such a nice big house is that there's room to put everything away. I can't wait to get moved and enjoy the 3 walk-in closets in ours!

Moving's a real drag, but it will be over soon. Make sure that you and Hubby understand the moving-while-married-rule: Nothing you say during the next 3 weeks counts for anything!

Good luck!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Make sure that you and Hubby understand the moving-while-married-rule: Nothing you say during the next 3 weeks counts for anything!
    lol, I *like* that rule
    Deborah Carney

When we first got together, we were both working in radio. Back then we could pack up a house and 6 kids and move cross-country with 2 weeks notice if Dave got a good enough job offer. We learned quickly that dust, sweat and miscellaneous combine to make a really good fight.

Now we invoke the "2 week rule or the 3 week rule" whenever we have a big event or big crisis looming. We just realized the other day that we were currently riding through three big ones all the same time while still coming down from Dave's recent illness. Retiring, buying a new home, and moving 600+ miles all at the same time means we put the rule into effect until the end of September.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Congrats, have a fun move! Hope the weather fully coorperates as well.

Just so you know, got my 4checks check in the mail yesterday, so no worries about payments while you're out.

Thank you!
    Thanks to all of you for the good vibes - I can feel 'em all around me!

Today I got a lot accomplished and it feels good! I'm exhausted. I'm currently posting with my eyes half-closed. But it's the good kind of tired that comes from getting things done. It's a great feeling.

You never really know how much stuff you own until you try to box it all up. There's a small mountain of boxes currently residing in my living room and the kids are begging to make a fort out of the ones that aren't packed yet.

Each day I add a few more on the list of things to be thankful for, you know?

Have a great night, everyone.

Hey! Good luck in the move Kim. If you run the move like you run your program, there will be very few hiccups indeed.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Congratulations on the dream home, Kim! I missed the original post. Wishing you all sorts of happiness in your new digs. Sounds like it's a long-overdue move!

Happy moving - it's painful no matter what. Get the master bath set up first so you and hubby can soak in the tub ... you'll need the soak for your sore muscles and it'll make you happier with each other after being stressed to the nines for weeks. Oh and remember to bring a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket ... bliss! :-)
    Last edited by Rexanne; August 3rd, 2007 at 05:07 AM. Reason: duh
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Nice.... 3000+ square feet sounds like my kinda living...

Congratulations, and have fun moving homes, Kim!! We'll be hear when you get back...

Geno

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Congrats on the new home!!!

Ok, here's a funny moving story for you My house is a cute, quaint little 1400 sq ft. cottage on the river. It is shaped kinda weird with a sunken living room and a sunken master bedroom. When we were moving my brother in law who is about 6'2" didn't see the overhang from the ceiling going down into the bedroom and cracked his forehead so hard he had to sit down. Poor thing, within a few hours he had a knot the size of a golf ball right smack in the middle of his forehead. I felt so bad, but it was pretty funny.
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

We're moved...sorta :)
    All of our things with the exception of our TV were moved over the weekend. We have been wading through the boxes to get around. I've just decided it is going to be a slow process. I want to take my time and enjoy putting things where I want them to go. If you check back with me in a few more days, that may change.

The kids started their new daycare today. It has a hampster named Oreo. That alone probably qualifies it as The Second Coolest Place on Earth - second only to the new house, since it's still very undiscovered to them.

Judi, I made reference several times to your rule. Sometimes the reference was to myself with gritted teeth, other times it was said to my husband in a sing-song voice.

Comcast came out on Sunday morning to install the cable, internet and phone, but were unable to do so since the lines had never been dug to the house before. It seems the previous owners were fans of the Dish. They say it could take 7 days for the lines to be installed and then someone can come out to hook everything up.

All in all, we survived - with the exception of 2 glasses and a bowl. I don't think that's bad at all.

http and a telephoto
    No internet for a week.... grrrr.... other than that sounds awesome Glad there were few causalities!
    Deborah Carney

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Glad the hard part is past you Kim. Now it's the fun part. LOL - Nothing fun about moving but the hard work and crazies are so worth it!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Comcast came out on Sunday morning to install the cable, internet and phone, but were unable to do so since the lines had never been dug to the house before. It seems the previous owners were fans of the Dish. They say it could take 7 days for the lines to be installed and then someone can come out to hook everything up.
    You've just described Dave's biggest nightmare. Mine is that he will want to just set everything in the garage and deal with it "later". We've been making huge strides these last few days also. It's unbelievable how much crap you can accumulate in 11 years at the same address. No wonder there are little old people living in homes packed to the rafters with newspapers - they couldn't find the recycle bin.

Congrats on the move! The hardest part is over now.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread