Smile Living with Crohn's Disease
    For the last twenty years I have suffered from Crohn's Disease with many many surgeries. I have learned alot through it all, and know very well how hard it is to cope with the illness.

I started this post to offer support and bring others together who also suffer from the illness.

For those who would like to learn more about Crohn's Disease this link is very helpful: http://www.ccfa.org/info/about/crohns

$Cleopatra$

http and a telephoto
    Living with any disease is difficult. Kudos to you for sharing
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Being an avid blogger, a couple years ago I came across a woman's blog on her struggle with crohn's. She's extremely open about it and I've learned a lot.

She puts up extremely graphic pictures of her experience, if you want to read her blog, contact me and I'll give you the link. I don't feel right just posting it here.

Amelie if you have that link I would not mind viewing it.

K, I have no idea how to message you (Yeah, I'm a newbie-ish) so here's the link:
    http://www.mtcutie.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the link, you were right about it being very graphic, but in the same respect I can sympathize with her. Thanks for taking time to find that link.

No problem!

I was tested for Chron's a few years ago, and the tests came back negative. I was diagnosed with Celiac's Disease instead, and I'm still having issues so they're in the process of starting tests for Ulcerative Jejunitis and also re-testing for Chron's.

I have my first appointment on Monday - so a little worried about all of it. I would appreciate any advice on what I can expect - I feel like I've just finally (after 5 years) learned to cope with Celiac's and that's such an easy one to deal with compared to Chron's!

I would really appreciate any resources on either of these - it's more likely Ulcerative Jejunitis than Chron's but it's a scary process to go through...

Thanks for being there and offering support - like I said I don't know what's going on inside my body, but it helps to know that someone is out there if I need it.

It really is much appreciated!

SunnyPI

I can very much relate with what you are experiencing. For about 6 years prior to diagnosis for Crohn's I went through test after test for the Crohn's but my doctors never could find it, so because I was experiencing ovarian cysts that grew to the size of grapefruits, my pcp continuously sent me to my gyn to handle the problems I was having. Each time my gyn saw me, he told me that sure I have cysts, but they are not what is causing my flu like symptoms and the diahhrea. My gyn ecame very frustrastrated with my pcp and took it upon himself to send me out to the University of Michigan, which is where after two weeks of extensive tests once again, a diagnosis was found. Crohn's Disease. The problem the doctors were experiencing is what they refer to skip lesions. This is when the disease takes place in several different areas throughout the digestive track and when the docs performed tests, many times they miss it because the disease moves to other areas and leaves from the previous active site. You may want to mention to the doctors about skip lesions. Another place that is tricky to detect the illness is in your duodenum and quite commonly area is in the terminal ilieum.

Currently I am on Humira injections which I give myself every two weeks and it is supposed to have great affects for inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's) and other auto-immune diseases.

I know that It took me a while to post back and you probably have already begun the testing, but I want you to know I will place you in my prayers and I hope you feel better soon. It is a very scary experience when you don't know what is wrong and many times people don't take you seriously because they are not finding anything. Trust me, you are not crazy, they just have not pin pointed the problem yet. Hang in there and stay strong.

Tiffany

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread