Exclamation What do you do when a merchant 'disappears' your commissions & sales
    This might go under: bad faith merchants if there were such a thread (but I could not find one exactly about this*).

So> what do you guys do when a merchant 'deletes' your commissions with no explanation, no warning, nothing? And there's nothing in the way of TOS.

Signed up with an in-house herbal/health affiliate that uses assoctrac.com and we made a couple of very good direct sales last month from one or two direct links on ads we created and put up on couple of sites.

I've sent several emails over the past few weeks asking both some general and specific questions to the affiliate manager -- her name is Crystal Bishop -- I have not gotten one single response. Nothing.

I was like "okay, well, at least we made a couple good commissions (total over $600) so I can feel okay to be patient since maybe this person is also pretty new at this stuff." At least that's what I thought.

BUT wouldn't you know it: today, I go into the reports and EVERYTHING HAS DISAPPEARED.

NOT REVERSED, NOT ADJUSTED, just gone. Totally disappeared. NOTHING.

I have the two emails they sent notifying us of the sales/commissions and a copy of the saved webpage showing both, but WTF?

I tried to search for a thread having to do with this topic (and this merchant) but I don't find it here anywhere, much less this particular merchant. I don't know whether I should put their name or not?

(this situation reminds me of some of the crappiest behavior of cj/commission junction, et al -- no wonder there is a class action suit, as there defnitely should be). I predict clickbank will eventually be sued too if you ask me since they also do not protect affiliates/frequently act in bad faith/have bad policies that result in failure of fiduciary responsibility.... but I digress.....

Does anyone have good experience-based advice on this kind of matter? Or where/how we should pursue?

*Foot note: will WARN you what merchant to avoid -- if you PM me (although I don't think I have access to PM yet, now that i think about it ... never mind.)

This is what I think is fair: I will temporarily give them a short - reprieve/benefit of the doubt 'due to a glitch' BUT if we do not get credited, then I will know for sure they are CROOKS who do not pay affiliates and when I know that for sure, I will post the name of the merchant. Does that seem fair?

I'm posting the name of the affiliate manager because I don't know if she works for other programs too or just this one. And for sure I know that she has never responded to any of our questions, never.

.... Well, anyway, sorry to be off on a diatribe. *The only other thread I found somewhat similar/relevant was http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90874.

Anyway, We are probably very naive about all this, and not very technically savvy and very definitely newbies who are Still learning, that's for sure.

But I have certainly discovered: There are definitely ALOT of major rip-off artists out there.

Who doesn't suck: Well So far I only have the highest regards for ShareASale more than any other and I do not recommend any other affiliate program, honestly. (not so much the technical set up cuz I still don't understand all the datafeeds, exports) -- and we don't have so much sales yet but from all I can see and have compared -- SAS is the BEST for both merchants and affiliates.

They make everything the most transparent and the MOST FAIR and straightforward compared to any i have worked with or reviewed, and to my mind they work hard at being up front and fair and, are the least likely to cheat affiliates or merchants. They get my vote from everything we have learned so far as THE BEST.
    some of this stuff sucks

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Is it possible that the reports are currently showing only August totals?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Exclamation merchant rip off affiliate commissions
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Is it possible that the reports are currently showing only August totals?
    good question but no, double checked and viewed all months, including july and each of the separate months ... all show a dash - now. everything totally removed.

this also makes assocTrac a not very good tool for affiliates if you ask me. there's no 'paper trail' , no transparency and few stats or anything of value to affiliates -- very superficial. it's all there in favor of the merchant perhaps. but not the affiliate.

this just points up a teeny window into how much potential for affiliate ripoffs and disrespectful treatment by unscrupulous merchants really probably exists.

the ones that intend to be fair don't have anything to hide and don't try to manipulate the outcomes in their favor to the detriment of affiliates (commissionjunction stands out as a world class manipulator of creating and relentlessly building a stacked deck against affiliates -- so as long as everyone lets the creeps get a way with it, they'll keep doing it.)

and we still have not heard back from this program -- how do they expect to retain dedicated affiliates if they can just rip off our commissions?

I think it would be interesting if there were a guild or union for affiliates. meanwhile... there still is no central DATABASE for rating, critiquing, reporting, monitoring affiliate programs, merchants etc.

Who wants to help me start one?
    some of this stuff sucks

15 years and counting
    BPP- how do they expect to retain dedicated affiliates if they can just rip off our commissions?
    That's one of the hard part of affiliate marketing. You have to learn the hard way with who you are working with. It comes with a cost and nobody is immune.
    Yesterday, I signed up with a travel merchant at LinkShare. Something I've not done in a long time and guess what.
    Today, I'm looking at my stats for this merchant:
    Sales($) Hotel: $1,042.98
    Sales($) Hotel: $-221.65
    Sales($) Jet Blue: $-623.37
    (the 3 sales are not from the same customer)
    Sales($) Hotel:- $1,042.98
    Reversals are part of the business, but I'll like to know how I can generate negative sales in 4 transactions. I expect these morons to ask me for money tomorrow.
    Too many people are managing affiliate programs without a clue, run by less than trusted networks.
    I think it would be interesting if there were a guild or union for affiliates.
    Forget it. To do what? Who is going on strike?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread