ABW Ambassador
    Questions about duplicated content.
    I have been reading threads about this on here, but I didn't come across an answer to this.. unless it doesn't have an answer or I missed it, sorry then.

But, I'm developing a content website, and using dupcop to test my uniqueness. Compared to the articles on most sites, I'm in the 50 to 60% range of being unique. One though, the Center for Disease and Control (CDC), I'm hitting at 48% uniqueness. The subject this article is on is a health related one. So while I can try to change things around a lot, the information is still the same. Although I added a conclusion that was completely unique, and my uniqueness dropped a percent across the board.

So, my question is, does anyone know if that uniqueness is enough to appease the SE's and do the SE's compare the full page or just article text? If it was full page, the uniqueness would jump quite a bit.

Thanks!

(Although I did read on here some said not to stress about duplication either, which it seems I'm doing. I don't plan for the website to be a duplication, going to try to find ways to be different too)

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, a 2nd question. Can't edit my post any longer.

I came across people talking about that a website could be killed by google for having some pages that were too similar. That seemed silly and everything I found about that was from 2 years ago. Could google have changed that since then?

G still looks for duplicate content, so be careful. My advice, write your own! If you already have all this content you want to "copy" why not just use that as research to write your own article?
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. My 2nd post was asking about similar pages, on the same website. I read google can penalize you even for that?

I have been trying to write my own articles though, and still not getting the highest of uniqueness (if 50 to 60% is low?). My content is in the field of health, and I really can't do anything about changing the symptoms, stats (actually I found updated stats so that's different), transmission, complications, etc. I am trying to be more detailed than the other websites I've found, plus trying to write it in my own way. Easier said than done!

So, should I just keep tossing out articles and start over, till I can get the uniqueness higher? Although that kind of feels like backward progress, but don't want to be penalized either.

No, I wouldn't think Google would do that, it doesn't make any sense. I mean, even on my blog I coninually use the same names, topics, etc... but with differrent posts and there is no penalty. Unless you are making 100% copies of pages, I can't imagine you would have a penalty. Most websites are very repetative anyway. I mean, think about all the similar content just in the navigation (which appears on every page).
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    True. When I was searching around for information on duplicate content, I found people complaining about that, but those were all at least 2 years old. Didn't make much sense, but I thought it was better safe to ask, just in case.

Thank ya.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread