The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Too many stickys
    Every once in a while we run into this problem. The stickys grow and then you forget to unstick them. Are you sure you need all those stickys? Maybe a few can be retired to the non-sticky placement.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    Well, I went through and read the oldest stickied thread and it's bee "unstuck" a few times and always demanded to be "restuck". So I would say the stickied threads are there because they need to be.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    So I would say the stickied threads are there because they need to be.
    Even the poll about favorite update from the month of the interface...?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

http and a telephoto
    Yup, that reminds us what was done and gives us a place to find them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Okay, but the month of the interface was in February and we're now in August. There's also a whole "month of the interface" thread to refer to. Wouldn't a bookmark to the poll serve for those who want to referrence it?

The same is true for the new datafeed format thread. At this point, merchants should be able to refer to the feed information at SaS for any required updates. The only purpose the thread seems to serve is to remind me what a pain it was (and still is) to update my feed without the merchant version being downloadable to merchants. Cough.

Most of the sticky threads are okay, but I sort of agree with Oranges on a couple. Just a lot a' scrolling going on, and those two seem like they could maybe slip away quietly.

Then again, my causes this weekend are yardwork, kitchen/dining room clean up and inventory organization, so I'll pipe down. Wysteria carted away, check. Tomato cages, check. Weed whacking and mowing, mostly check. Kitchen/dining room & inventory, oh holy hell...

Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    While I agree that there are a lot of stickies... it is hard because everytime I unstick one, somebody posts "Why did this get unstickied", etc.... the threads that are stickied have typically a whole lot of views and are threads that people return to for more info occasionally or to post again.

I took a couple out that I thought were better candidates than others, hopefully that helps.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread