The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Linkshare Still Doesn't Get It!!
    So Target left Linkshare for Performics, what 2 months ago?

How many different ways can you think of to notify us? The best would have been an email that said "Thanks for your loyalty and support over the years. A business decision mas made to swap Networks, yada yada yada"

And many other ways come to mind.

How does Linkshare tell us?:

Dear B xxx:

We regret to inform you that Target has removed you from their affiliate program. Merchants may remove affiliates from their programs for many different reasons, including violation of legal terms, inactivity, changes in site content, etc. If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like further clarification on why you were removed, please contact TargetAffiliates at linkshare.com.

LinkShare manages hundreds of other affiliate programs. We encourage you to log in and find other merchants with whom you may want to partner.

Best,
    LinkShare Corporation
    An automated "You've been removed" email??
    They make it sound like "I" did something wrong. Hello! Target left Linkshare - They didn't drop me... they dropped YOU!

"including violation of legal terms"???
    Oh, THAT was necessary! As long as you're contacting me, try to scare me.

"contact TargetAffiliates at linkshare.com"
    Uh.. shouldn't that be contact TargetAffiliates at PERFORMICS.com!

C'mon Linkshare!! When are you going to realize there are HUMANS on the receiving end of your emails. If you can't treat us like partners, at least treat us like humans!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL... Only the BHO's didn't have much work to change over their Target link. Yeppers they only use one link per merchant victim. The victimized domain stays the same.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I got the same email and am just as pissed. Just when I thought maybe LS was improving their communication a bit (I was getting regular original messages regarding the WDrake/Homemarketplace error message issues) they reinforce every bad thought they have inspired in their affiliates over the years with this absurd boilerplate email.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I got the same email on this beautiful Sunday morning. First thing I can think of is I didn't send enough sales to Target, so Target droped me

What a misleading email.

ABW Ambassador
    Didn't Target leave Linkshare on 4/30? Why are there even any Linkshare employees assigned to Target now?

If I were Target, I'd be really pissed about this. I'd demand a retraction and an apology to all.

Got the same, scared me too! Then I looked closely and I saw that it came from Linkshare, whew! It was completely unnecessary.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2 weeks ago, we got dumped by Amazon as part of their drop-high-performing-bargain/coupon-sites initiative and are still mourning that loss...especially since they wont even answer our emails. I almost lost it when I saw the Target email this morning. In fact, I totally missed the fact that it wasn't from Performix until...thank goodness... I saw this thread. I was about to retire to a life as a trout farmer, and this thread revived my faith in humanity.
    -Sharon

I'm glad I saw this. I didn't read it carefully enough to realize it was the old Linkshare one. Thanks Billy Kay! Just think - if you hadn't pointed this out, you could have been the only affiliate promoting them.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Then it counts as your birthday gift

Why, thank you!

Sharon,

Were glad to see that you are still in the game! Trout farming is a fishy business anyway.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

I got the Target one too. At least that one was the standard "you have been removed" and don't bother to ask why.

Last week I received one that was even nastier sounding regarding Ty's Toy Box, which moved to SAS in June.

"Effective June 1, 2007, the Ty's Toy Box affiliate program was no longer live in the LinkShare network. You were previously given instructions on swapping out your Ty's Toy Box links. If you have questions regarding this email, please contact Mike......"

Like, I did something wrong or was too stupid to pay attention to the "instructions" !?!?!

Mike had the presence of mind to send out an email basically apologizing. But, it looks like LS has passed out dumb and nasty pills lately.

ABW Ambassador
    Nasty??? I would say you are over-sensitive. Nothing nasty about what you posted.

I received that same email today too, but I do recall getting an email some months back stating that Target would be leaving LS for a different network, and for the affiliate to come to that network and sign up again to continue doing business with Target.

I do agree that the way LS handled it, it made the affiliate feel that they did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Got the same, scared me too! Then I looked closely and I saw that it came from Linkshare, whew! It was completely unnecessary.

- Scott
    Same thing here and I was scared too til I realized. I was regularly making Target sales when they were with LS though, nothing now that they've moved to Performics. And I can tell you it IS due to the poor link selection available. It looks like they are paying out alot of commissions through Performics though.

Is anyone else missing the selection of links Target had with LS?
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mayatime
    I got the Target one too. At least that one was the standard "you have been removed" and don't bother to ask why.

Last week I received one that was even nastier sounding regarding Ty's Toy Box, which moved to SAS in June.

"Effective June 1, 2007, the Ty's Toy Box affiliate program was no longer live in the LinkShare network. You were previously given instructions on swapping out your Ty's Toy Box links. If you have questions regarding this email, please contact Mike......"

Like, I did something wrong or was too stupid to pay attention to the "instructions" !?!?!

Mike had the presence of mind to send out an email basically apologizing. But, it looks like LS has passed out dumb and nasty pills lately.
    Hey Mayatime,

Sorry if the original email came off as rude, it wasn't meant to be. It's difficult sometimes to communicate via email for this reason. Anyway, please feel free to join TysToyBox on Shareasale, and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

-Mike

hmm... i got the same email too and was wondering why I'm only getting it in August. For the people who don't know that Target left LinkShare, they're going to read that email and think they did something wrong. They should've sent an email stating that they're moving to another network, not "we're dropping you from our program"

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    As part of a LinkShare internal process, an email was inadvertently generated indicating you had been removed from Target's affiliate program. This will not have any effect on your current affiliate partnership with Target.

This program was shut down on LinkShare in at the end of April. However, we continued to process transaction data from Target in order to pick-up residual transactions and ensure a smooth transition.

We are sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Ranae

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Linkshare/Target Revisited
    Today's missive:

Dear ______:

As part of a LinkShare internal process, an email was inadvertently generated indicating you had been removed from Targetís affiliate program. This will not have any effect on your current affiliate partnership with Target.

This program was shut down on the LinkShare Network at the end of April. However, we continued to process transaction data from Target in order to pickĖup residual transactions and ensure a smooth transition.

We are sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Please contact Targetís Affiliate Team at affiliates@target.com

Sincerely,
    The LinkShare Network
    (emphasis added)

Words to Live by for Linkshare: Inadvertence and Confusion

p.s.. Ranae posted it here before they sent the email.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Linkshare just issued an email explaining the error on their part. I hope that Target gave them an earful. I certainly would have. Even though we switched our target links over months ago from LS, I'm A.D.D. enough to have not noticed that the breakup email was from LS, and almost stopped featuring Target.

Internet Cowboy
    I wonder how much that email cost Target in lost profits from affiliate revenue? A fair amount I would bet.

ABW Ambassador
    Come on people. Linkshare clearly made a mistake here but the reactions of some of you are way over the top.

"For the people who don't know Target left Linkshare..." oh please. For anyone who falls into that category, the email certainly isn't going to have any more negative impact than the Page Cannot Be Displayed error screen that is likely the result of any click on a Linkshare Target link. Get real!

"I wonder how much that email cost Target in lost profits from affiliate revenue?" Not a penny. You cannot tell me that anyone would have removed a Performics link as a result of that Linkshare email.

It was a mistake. It's been dealt with. Move on.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread