Tracking visitors
    I've been trying to find a script that will help keep track of my daily visitors, where they came from, how long they are on my site, what keywords they used to get there, etc.

I was using Google Analytics, but hated waiting a whole day to see any detailed stats on my site. I'm currently using StatCounter, but have found a problem with them not being able to track any visitors that don't refresh a page or click on another page within my site. This results in a lot of visits with 0 seconds.

I know I won't be able to find a very detailed free stat script, which is fine with me. I'm willing to pay some money if it's not too expensive, and it works in real-time and has detailed stats. Anyone have any recommendations?

103 bees can do realtime: http://103bees.com/
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I checked out 103bees, but unfortunately I didn't see where they had the ability to track how long a visitor stays on my site. That's the one thing that StatCounter has trouble with, otherwise I'd be completely happy using them.

The main things I need to track are how long a visitor is on my site, what pages they are viewing if more than one, where they came from, the keywords they used to get there, etc.

I doubt there is any one solution that will do all this. For example, seeing how long visitors are spending on your site is by definition not a real time metric. How can you tell how long they spent until they leave your site?

Google Analytics has been my solution for a long time, and I feel it is the most comprehensive. If you want real time stuff, use 103bees at the same time. Otherwise, if you do come up with a custom solution I'd love to know about it.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I agree. Analytics gives you a ton of feedback and its free.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    stat counter (dot com) gives all that info - it's free and seems harmless.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

We have a home grown counter that shows us real-time hits and hits per referring URL since the previous midnight, and then we can deep dive into Google Analytics the next day for the detailed bounce rates, pages per visitor, etc. The home-grown stats are short and sweet, but they definitely satisfy my need for instant-gratification on where things stand at this exact moment, at least at a high level. I've gone crazy when that page has crashed a couple of times. I should start Stats Anonymous. "Hello, my name is Sharon, and I'm a stataholic."

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread