Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Axill - AffiliateFairPlay Post About Them
    When Your Network Is An Affiliate And Adware Company

http://affiliatefairplay.com/newsblo...dware-company/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Discusting when some prominent ABW showcase merchants always appear on these commission theftware rosters.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm wondering how long these guys having been getting away with this bullshit.

This one really ticks me off if you can't tell. Scamming so many different people under the guise of a "legitimate" company.

It really stinks up the Industry. For those who think I'm hard on CPA Networks at times, things like this are the reason why.

http and a telephoto
    They've been removed as an affiliate of eCampus. Thanks for the heads up Trust and Kellie
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Just ran across these 2 news articles within the last couple of days. NorthGateTechnologies is the parent company for Axill et al.

First article dated July 31, 2007

“Growth in business from our patent-pending voiceover internet protocol (VoIP)-powered TV, Globe7, and the online adverting exchange Axill contributed significantly to net profit and net income during the quarter,” Anil Singh, chief financial officer of Northgate, said. Northgate had launched Globe 7 last year. Its Chinese version was launched this month and over 2 million downloads were registered within 20 days of its launch.
    Dated Aug 1, 2007:

Stating that Axill, an online advertising exchange, contributed nearly 85 per cent to the company’s net revenues that stood at Rs 118 crore during the first quarter of the current financial year, he said its patent-pending voiceover internet protocol (VoIP)-powered TV Globe7 accounted for 15 per cent. “Globe7 hardware devices’ contribution for the quarter was relatively less as it was launched recently. We, however, expect this division to contribute around $15 million this fiscal, and the net profit to grow around 70 per cent with major contributions from China,” he added

Fraud is so profitable. How many US Merchant's are selling in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Just ran across these 2 news articles within the last couple of days. NorthGateTechnologies is the parent company for Axill et al.

First article dated July 31, 2007

Fraud is so profitable. How many US Merchant's are selling in China?
    LOL... are you assuming we're nieve enough to trust that a India commission thief wouldn't team up with the Chinese to pilfer and pillage American merchants run by BHO friendly Adwhores AM's? Neither of those 2 countries allows competing USA products into the storefronts without draconian tarrifs.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They've been removed as an affiliate of eCampus. Thanks for the heads up Trust and Kellie
    I knew you'd drop these scumbags. I'm curious to see if any of their network "partners" or other merchants take any action.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    Heads up to all Shareasale merchants, they ARE at Shareasale, removing them from ALL my merchants right now. I have emailed Brian. They have limited status, have zero clicks in my merchants. But they are there. buh bye.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Thanks Deb, and of course Kellie.

Joined EF last week, now changed their status to "Declined".

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    cpa subaffiliate network with their own bho... hmmm... i bet they cross-promote through DT so their competitors can leverage their bho and vice versa. seems like that's where they're headed - takes two ingreidents to cross-polinate - offer + bho. I think we'll see more of this happening, gives the cpa network more bargaining power and control, while also mmaximizing the impact of their bho's installs - gotta get those other offers to pop on or your shenanigans are limited to those merchants who "trust" you (axill) to run their offers with transparency... what a bad joke this whole situation is.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Thanks to all for the heads up on these weasels - they're gone from 4Checks.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Where's the outrage from Buy.com Overstock TigerDirect Target Walmart etc etc????

I see on page 85 Axill had a full page ad in Revenue mag.

Thanks for the heads up. I naively thought there was no way they'd be in SaS. This thread was a great wakeup call reminding me that it's MY responsibility to make sure my program is clean.

I've changed their status to declined, and am tempted to email them letting them know that I don't appreciate garbage like theirs from wasting my time.

My thanks to Kellie and Debbie, and, of course, the ABW community who pounces on losers like these.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

My anger got the better of me. Thought you guys might enjoy the message I sent them:
    Per our terms of service, I do not take to allowing companies who push parasitic practices to promote any program I manage. I am not interested in growing my company's reach through the practices you use, and want nothing to do with your company (see http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93074 for the specifics pertaining to your company).

I encourage you to rethink the methods you employ in deceiving affiliate programs out of their money. I only hope that your recent removal from Linkshare (and your near guaranteed removal from ShareASale) can alert you to how professionals in this industry view those who would poach commissions through deceptive tactics like BHO's.

Chris Sturgill
    Affiliate Manager
    FreeQuotesWorld.com
    Feel free to use this as a template if you would like...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

They have limited status, have zero clicks in my merchants. But they are there. buh bye.
    That sounds like a new account. And not really too surprising. It's not atypical to see folks start trying to get into other places when they've gotten booted elsewhere. Especially if they are experiencing mutliple terminations. And they may not always use the same names when joining. I'm not talking specifically about the SAS account here because I don't know. Just in general.

It's always a good idea to keep an eye out for resurfacing elsewhere or even in the same Network/program when someone suddenly gets a bit of public attention or you hear of terminations going on. 99.99999% of the time, they aren't just going to say "Oh well, I guess I'll go white hat now."

This thread was a great wakeup call reminding me that it's MY responsibility to make sure my program is clean.
    The most successful compliance efforts are group efforts with everyone working together. Just too many ways to get up to no good. And some people are just damn sneaky.

Cool Proof/Additional reasearch on Axill.com
    Axill.com, axill.co.uk affiliate network is using spyware to promote its advertiser. axill.com,axill.co.uk affiliate networks are Web Properties of Northgate Technologies(www.northgatetech.com) Indian based company using its VOIP product Globe7.com and free screensavers website “beautyscreensavers.com” which contains spyware "owlforce" (owlforce.com) to Fruad the advertisers by redirecting their direct users of the advertisers website redirecting through axill affiliate link by which it gain the commission for the Sale or Lead Generation. The advertisers are loosing their revenue by paying commission to axill affiliate referral even for their direct users. Advertising through axill is helping them to grow more and in return loosing their direct revenue. So you can file law suit for which you had paid the commission which axill generated sale by using spyware and frauding your direct users for redirecting. And can Alert the FBI for this online scam for investigating the matter. To know the correctness of the scam Install globe7.com and open browser and type any keyword ‘ joke’ another popup will be automatically opened. If any one opens their advertisers website they will be redirected from their affiliate link. And also can find the owlforce directory and dll and the ‘ofox.dll’ in your system in this directory for mozilla C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{D1F30069-9E00-468c-8CB6-3FB6C4ECE8C6}\components Here is the abestweb .com forum website link in which the indebth details are written by a user http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93074 affiliatefairplay.com displays details about the axill spyware http://affiliatefairplay.com/newsblo...dware-company/ One of the biggest VOIP directory website also found it and warned the users. http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Direct...lobe7/details/ Globe7 china website EULA conforms that owlforce spyware contains in globe7 http://www.globe7.com/cn/eula.php This link provides that screensavers website is by owlforce http://www.askfiles.com/company/11821-Owlforce-com.html http://www.owlforce.com/pad/owlforce.xml Some of the links on the forums that conforms users problem by using globe7 http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pes...x?id=453113952 http://www.file.net/process/owlforce.dll.html http://groups.google.com/group/FFToo...9d0d4d71c2cc5e

This thread was a great wakeup call reminding me that it's MY responsibility to make sure my program is clean.
    Unfortunately, sometimes you do not find out until 60-90 days after the fact.

Cool Red Flag
    It's not atypical to see folks start trying to get into other places when they've gotten booted elsewhere.
    When you find an over 5% conversion rate for an incentivized offer, i.e. 93 clicks and 63 conversions for 1 single offer...this should surely raise some concerns and investigations...

It appears that they are still on LS using different urls and email addresses.....Thanks for the template Chris and thanks to the ABW community for the heads up! They have been removed completely from our program.

Raul Diaz
    SpaFinder AM

Adware
    Big companies like Zango and all are using adware hu.. Also Value click and other networks are promoting smilies screensavers which contains adware. But users still download. Even google is promoting those sites. Is Google supporting and distributing adware? I think NO. User should be careful before downloading any software into their system.

It's not the consumer's responsibility to dictate how we conduct business in online advertising. Anyway, at least some of their installations don't even tell the consumer they are getting the adware. Did you miss that part? But regardless, sorry it's not ok to defraud your advertisers and publishers. At least not in my book.

Not to mention ValueClick has 2 class actions against them right now regarding their ties to adware and Zango was fined $3 million over their adware. So what's your point? Other companies engage in shady business practices so it's ok for Axill to as well? It's really the consumers fault? That's total bullsh!t.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by david777
    User should be careful before downloading any software into their system.
    Good point, ultimately it is consumer's responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by stellarseller
    That's like saying that the victim of a crime is really at fault. As Kellie stated the consumer doesn't always know. And if we're talking pure Adware applications that only serve ads and have no other malicious intent than the consumer probably doesn't care that our commissions are being stolen and that the merchant is being cheated. It's only when it starts to annoy them that it becomes a problem.

I see this as more the networks and merchants responsibility because, without specific legislation, they are the only ones that can truly have an impact on the "bad players" in our industry. As long as networks and merchants allow this type of behavior Axill and it's like will continue to flourish and take advantage. As long as there are dishonest individuals and organizations that find this a lucrative way to do business we will see more and more of them.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Actually it is a lame arguement put out by people who are benefiting financially from adware which preys on people's fear of being told what they can and can not install on their computer.

It's not an issue really of the consumer having agreed to the installation, although not informing of an installation is definitely bad.

It is about the legally binding agreements between merchants/networks, networks/affiliates and merchants/affiliates being upheld.

Please link me to one reference of a law which allows a third party, and one who is unknowing and uninformed, to dictate whether or not a business contract is upheld or not. I don't believe you are going to find such law. When someone says that it's the consumer's responsibililty, what they are really saying is that the consumer has made it ok for breach of contracts to occur.

Consumers influence the marketplace, they DO NOT dictate how contracts are fulfilled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast