LinkShare kicked a bunch of cookie stuffers today including

AdSingular/The AdNetwork
    Yuri Maksymenko
    Globe7/Axill Inc
    AuctionSaleHelp
    Auction Work

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Axill eh? They've been mentioned a few times today....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Globe7/Axill Inc
    Hi Chris,

How did you know about this? I know I did not get any notice from LS.

I was doing some research about them too as they just joined my prog.

Thx

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Axill eh? They've been mentioned a few times today....
    Yeap, http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93074

Good for LS, who's next to do some more kicking?

Good for LS indeed.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Somebody wake me up when they kick out the parasites.

LS kicked out a parasite before SaS? I'm not sure how to take this new development. I think I need to sit down for a bit...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Affiliate Manager
    Also terminated -- Fruitcounter, Traveflare and Travour. And it seems some others are being investigated.

We noticed some strange click behaviour from Axill and contacted the affiliate and LS about it weeks ago. I'm really glad to see Linkshare being proactive about investigating these sites and taking action on our behalf as well.

One thing I've noticed, especially recently: in the past it was always the affiliates that were HARD to get a hold of that AMs were supposed to be more suspicious of. However, some of these sites that have recently been terminated were among the EASIEST to reach. I guess there are no rules of thumb anymore.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Somebody wake me up when they kick out the parasites.
    I completely agree. So LS kicks out the unknowns but leaves UP, EB and IG and the likes in? This proves that they are only out for the positive press. If they were interested in being a clean network that does not allow affiliates to steal from merchants and other affiliates, they would clean out the known parasites too.

Sorry Chris, this is just a publicity ploy and I don't buy it.

15 years and counting
    I'm really glad to see Linkshare being proactive about investigating these sites and taking action on our behalf as well.
    That's quite a positive move coming from LinkShare. I hope it's just the beginning of a vast cleanup.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela - Orbitz
    We noticed some strange click behaviour from Axill...
    Hi Angela. Was the strange behaviour you noticed from Axill any different than that of UPromise or others in your program?

I AM NOT beating you up over having these guys in your program. We did enough of that at the Sagamore in Miami Beach
    I am only curious how one shows strange behaviour and another does not when they do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Sorry Chris, this is just a publicity ploy and I don't buy it.
    I imagine you're right, of course. It just surprised me that SaS hasn't pounced on this yet. Especially since LS did.

That said, my own program is still run on SaS, and this one move doesn't persuade me that LS is interested in being on the up (as you mentioned). Just because certain BHO's are better known (UP, et al) doesn't make them less parasitic to the affiliate community.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Angela. Was the strange behaviour you noticed from Axill any different than that of UPromise or others in your program?
    Yeah, they came out of nowhere with over 60,000 clicks in one day and barely any transactions.

Haha, I do prefer in person conversations where I get beat up, so thanks!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I agree with Scooter. Why not just post rules about cookie stuffing and ax everybody who does not follow the rules? Seems easy enough doesn't it? Just need to post even the broadest definition of cookie stuffing and say it will not be tolerated and give people 30 days to begin operating within the stated guidelines or the ax falls.

It's like we tell our vendors in our fundraising business. The end use customer is going to buy the product. You might as well help them buy it from a trusted partner instead of the corner prostitute who does not follow the law. After all if they bend rules on one side can you trust them on your side of the fence?

It just takes a little faith and it all works out!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela - Orbitz
    Yeah, they came out of nowhere with over 60,000 clicks in one day and barely any transactions.

Haha, I do prefer in person conversations where I get beat up, so thanks!
    I prefer the calls from merchant clients trying to see what I did to spike average sales over 2 days by 1200%. I just explain i exported their existing customer order files, scrapped out the name/e-mail and set up a maillist application. Design a great e-mail with pictures and links and sent it to the group. Ooooh.

They are surprised when I refuse to do the same 2 times a week as they smelled easy money. I explained the initial 23,000 e-mails only generated 38 removal requests. The list program additionally dropped 156 bounced e-mail undeliverable addresses. I will send a promo to this Gold plated list every quarter, or whenever new products are introduced. Every recent customer will be added to the list before mailing and they agreed not to abuse repeat customers with excessive e-mailings. Instead mail them a new color brochure proven to generate 1 sale for every 5 catalogs mailed inside the 1st 30 days with no privacy issues.

Merchant's need to realize they need to do more ...with less.. when it comes to traffic schemes. Nothing should be authorized that overall reduces your sites natural conversion ratio. I, and they, would scream if I somehow initiated sudden 60,000 clicks that didn't convert at normal levels.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Since I know each and every one of those listed and exactly what they've been up to, I'm going to have to go with a Kudos!

I never look the gift horse in the mouth on this stuff so speak. I'll not frown on any termination of a bad apple just because there are still others I personally don't like the way they generate traffic.

And some on that list aren't exactly small affiliates regardless of how publicly unknown they may be. I wonder who, overall (not just on LS), grosses more yearly revenue...Axill or IG?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread