Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do you remember your first sale?
    I have yet to make one. Been at it about 1 week solid playing with adwords, adsense, setting up a WP blog, actually paid for a pre-made affiliate site that says I've made $17 in sales, but i cna't figure what sold. I suspect the host is "giving" me sales as an incetive. But aside from that, no sales yet.

Do you remember your first one? Tell me about it!!!

http and a telephoto
    Amazon many years ago. Followed by GoCollect and JoAnn.com.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

You can't forget your first. Bluehost - actually wasn't reversed! I ran a web hosting plan comparison chart (unique, I know...).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    Ebay. It was a "site" on the freebie hosting place expage, now shutting down: http://www.expage.com/

There was a page somebody made there and they stopped updating it. Used to be a page my gf at the time used to visit all the time. I emailed them to ask why they weren't updating it. They said they had no interest in it anymore and had no time for it and sent me the login info to the site. I put up ebay and instantly made money because the page was about a product and the product could only be purchased online at ebay and it was #1 on HotBot at the time

ABW Ambassador
    Mine was the Entertainment Book. My site was a hobby at that time (2000) and it was kind of neat earning a little cash.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Mine was just before Thanksgiving in 2001. It was a Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker, sold by Cook Brothers, then a CJ merchant. I made $3.89 on the sale.

When I logged in to CJ and saw the $3.89 at the top, for the first time I believed that they actually would give you credit for sales you generated.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Got my first sale for Spotmau. My sales has been all from Spotmau.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    No I dont remember the sale, customer, or any details.

I do know the affiliate program but thats about it.

Mine would have been from Amazon ... but that was many years ago when I first put up some links on a hobby/personal site.

Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsturg
    You can't forget your first.
    Sure you can.

I can't remember what it might have been, when it was, or anything else.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Tax Paying Member
    I no longer remember the merchant or the products.............But I do remember the network.

First 3 sales.............never collected a dime. Can't forget this part.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

My first was with BBNY... $99 commission. May of 2003 I think
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

CPA Network Rep
    I remember making my first sale of my own product as a merchant some years back. The first 2 versions of my website looked too shady for anyone to order! haha It wasn't until the 3rd version that I started to get "it". When I got that first order I was delighted!

I don't remember the specific sale, but I do remember the company: MyShopNow.com (which is long gone). They had over 100,000 CDs (including imports and multi-disc sets) for $4.95 each, free shipping, and an affiliate program that paid 5%. That's what got me started in affiliate marketing (and bargains).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I guess I closed my first sale in 1971, when I convinced Ellen to marry me! On topic though, my first online sale came in 1992 when a person purchased a 24 hour toll free pet id tag I had just come up with. We did not have online processing back then, so he called in after seeing our primitive web site. Many sales followed that one, as well as getting the tags into PetsMart, Cabelas and many other B & M retail stores, but that first one (to a gentleman in Boston) was my favorite!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hell no! (I don't remember my first kiss either.)

It was almost certainly Amazon and it was almost certainly 1999 and it was almost certainly a book about Florida.

Nope, can't remember. It was a long time ago. Probably 1997, maybe 1998.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Internet Cowboy
    I remember it like yesterday. I remember where I was and what I was doing when I logged in and saw it in my reports.
    I also remember my first $100 day and my first $1000 day.
    All three were huge milestones.

My first sale was also my first reversal. CJ used to have a cute little red slug that said "REVERSED" on it. They also had a cute little stopsign-shaped graphic with a hand in your face for when you didn't get accepted into a merchant's program.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Mines was a GoTo.com search yay made 2 freaken cents yay

Mine was a $150 commission sale from my software download site, in May of 2006 (just over a year ago) and I was on vacation with my family on the Oregon Coast.

I made the mistake of assuming that was going to be the norm and reworked my whole site for quantity not quality. Dang... should have kept it small and personal.

Maybe I'll switch it back some day to the way it used to be. Simple, small, and personal - yet more effective than the 28,000 programs I market on that site today (well, that I let sit while I work on more effective revenue generators).

It was a good learning experience though.

ABW Ambassador
    A Merlot Dahlia from Gardener's Supply.

I had a site for a consulting business I was running. I saw an affiliate site, figured out what they were doing and applied to linkshare. Threw up some gardening pages (on the consulting site) and didn't really belive anything would happen. Check in a few days later and had $2.40 in commissions. Threw up a lot more pages after that.

Kept the site and morphed it into a sales site. Lots of confused former clients. Some still email me "What they hell has happend?"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I remember getting leads that paid $10 each. My CJ account started increasing $10 at a time, several times per day on about 1/2 the days. Kinda of neat, especially for a greenhorn. Would be happy if that program still performed, but it has long gone south for me. Things are definitely tougher now.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

eFax Lead. I got free $15 coupon from Adwords which I used to register & advertise on Adwords.

CDNow, it was ... a CD, my first sale, but it was nothing to write home about. But then again why would I write home?
    Before that sale I was making about 6 cents a day with GoTo.com, then same with Altavista. Back then I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking about making money online either. And if I was not so slow (meaning stupid, kicking myself in the head now) I'd own that sex.com. I wonder what opportunities I am missing right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast