Just wanted to pass on my experience with this new merchant. All sales we have made for this merchant has been for large amounts and all of them have been reversed. They also do not answer emails. Has anyone had a sale or better experience with them?
    It looks like all the Italian designer products merchants like Raffaello, Shoes Avenue, Forzieri, and Columbus Network run questionable affiliate programs.

sbom

Not in a position to say yet, just got their links up, had a few large sales, and waiting to see whether they get reversed.

I was a little worried about joining them, just had the feeling they were somehow tied to the others...similiar products, even sizes available at first.

So far so good, but whether they wait to the last minute to reverse remains to be seen.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Santa Barbara Outlet Mall,

I've read your mail.
    I'm sorry we didn't answer to your e-mails, but we had a problem with the CJ mail and we didn't receive it forwarded in our Columbus-Network mail.

We normally reverse only the orders which present an invalid credit card number and which are surely a fraud. The number of valid orders depends on a quality traffic parameter of the affiliate. We have a great number of affiliates and some of them seems to have a lot of fraud intents on the orders coming from their site. We obviously have to reverse all the invalid orders.

Most of the invalid orders were rejected because in the credit card checking process on the bank web site, the same bank recognized them as invalid, expired or stolen credit cards. This can happen during the automatic checking process or during the customer personal details checking process.

Regarding the unqualified lead that we reversed (N. 84369098) I have to explain you that sometimes in the field of the order number appears, instead of the order number, the IP number of the PC of the customer. For us is totally impossible to recognize the order and we have to reverse it.

Regards

Fabrizio De Zuani
    Marketing Manager

Columbus Network
    Hoping Srl
    Via Aosta 21
    10152 Torino
    +39011283682
    fabridezuani@columbus-network.com
    www.columbus-network.com

Another thing.
    We are not tied with Raffaello (ShoesAvenue is the same firm of Raffaello) or Forzieri or anyone else.

And this is the first time our Affiliation program is defined "questionable".

You dont think an 81% chargeback is questionable? Its disgraceful! Your program makes Raffaello look good.

"Regarding the unqualified lead that we reversed (N. 84369098) I have to explain you that sometimes in the field of the order number appears, instead of the order number, the IP number of the PC of the customer. For us is totally impossible to recognize the order and we have to reverse it."
    Come again? This is really a new one...I suppose you report this as an "other"?

Nick

ABW Ambassador
    Fabrizio De Zuani,

80% + is really an un-acceptable rate for reversals. How could you stay in business?

I had rid myself of all programs .. such as yours ... And I suggest .. You get the proper software inline to insure your Affiliates get paid.

Fish smells ..period.

Dave

AN 81% CHARGEBACK RATE???

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Something IS fishy...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

If somebody needs to go to CJU...

Unbelievable, Todd how can you allow jokers like this to remain in the CJ program. I'm sorry but the excuse made is completely unacceptable. Its just another case of a merchant abusing affiliates.

I repeat. It depends on the quality of the traffic of an affiliate web site.
    We have many affiliates who take a good traffic and a number of VALID orders to us.
    When we receive a fraud order we are not paid. Why do we have to pay an affiliate for an invalid order? 81% of rejected orders means 81% of frauds or invalid credit cards.

It is not "merchant abuse". We do not decide the validity of a credit card on our own, depending on our mood. We depend on the bank.

Our firm is rather new. June 2002. We have not yet a software for the fraud prevention, but we are working on it.
    If someone can advise a good one, I will be grateful.

Hello Fabrizio,
    I remember getting very excited when I
    noticed your program at cj and hoped as
    a merchant, you would be prepared to work
    with affiliates, so it's nice to see you
    here.

As yet, I have not had any reversals
    (touch wood) but I also realize, they are inevitable even with the best programs,
    so any measures you can take to lower the incidence of reversals will be greatly appreciated.

Thomas Edison

It looks to me Columbus jumped into the program somewhat unprepared. 80% reversal should even be unnacceptable to them. I'm willing to watch them, but not join them at this point.

Fabrizio, why do all your links simply point to the home page? Why don't you point them to the specific area? For example, 9011701 Ties, should point to http://www.columbus-network.com/fash...ories/ties.htm. Better yet, you should have seperate links for each brand, and link deeper into your site. In my opinion, simply allowing redirects is not good enough.

Of course, your top priority has to be a correction of your unfortunate start. Your presence on this board is a good sign, but it is only a sign.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I do not recognize any shopping cart program that doesn't screen fraudulent CC orders. I have 100+ client sites with ecommerce features and none like www.suspenders.com incure more than 2% fraudulent orders online. Suspenders like ties do not get returned due to wrong size!! Any new merchant needs to address one thing with an affiliate program. Conversion ratio to get some happy affiliates checks in their hands. That takes specific landing pages and product links to push affiliates to buy keyword traffic.

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Keep you dirty pieces of silver haiko, you need something to replace the diamonds you lost when youre standing atop your glass mountain.

Sasha you had all the opportunities to post today and this is what you do? First the kenshin crap (posting aff only info) and now the harry (alias).

Thank you for being what you are.

Take the ball and run with it ... go to the meeting EINSTEIN!

[This message was edited by Haiko on October 09, 2002 at 07:57 PM.]

I invited Columbus Network in an email to come to this forum and address issues regarding their program. Mr. Fabri-Columbus have repeated on this thread that they will not pay on fraudulent orders. No one is asking you to pay on fraudulent orders. In your email which you posted here you did not say that this particular order was fraudulent. You gave a reason that anyone can read and judge for themselves. I will forward your email to CJ, maybe they can help you with the technical issue(s) you seem to have.
    Side Issue: Since I invited you to come here and I put the url of this forum in that email, why are you ranked higher than me? To my knowledge, this is the first time you posted on this forum and I believe this is the first post about your company (started by me) on this forum.

sbom

81% reversal is un-acceptable.

Seems to me they were un-prepared.

Jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

81% is unacceptable but I do appreciate
    their efforts in rectifying the problem.

Fabrizio asked:
    [We have not yet a software for the fraud prevention, but we are working on it.
    If someone can advise a good one, I will be grateful. ]

Can anyone help him with this...?

Thomas Edison

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread