Hello everyone!

Great morning here in sunny California! I am brand new to everything here, and have been doing alot of reading and research and have decided to pursue affiliate marketing to supplement my current good income as an IT Analyst.

I've been READING and READING about how to get off the ground building sites that sell, and how to look out for merchants that are less than reputable.

I guess I am looking for a little more guidance as to where to start. I have found myself being "sold" on various product such as SiteSellIt etc, which supposedly have alot of useful tools in them to build great selling sites.

But I want to hear any recommendations for web page build tools, and other highly recommended affiliate internet marketing tools. I could read about products on the web all day, but I'd like to hear some success stories and recommendations on the types of software programs that I need, and where to get them.

Two things I've been looking at are SiteSellIt as an aid to building pages and good keywords, and for a hosting service THMedia.

What do you think about helping a newbie get his feet off the ground?

Thanks,

Danski

Danski,

Welcome!

I highly recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver MX (http://www.macromedia.com) for building you web pages. I know that other people will also agree with this. IMHO it is THE BEST WUSIWYG(What You See IS What You Get) html editor out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and for a hosting service THMedia <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good choice!

Alex
    AlexBet Design

Hi Danski, I can highly recommend THmedia, Tom is a very gracious and reliable host

As for SiteSell, haven't tried it so I can't comment.

As Alexbet said, DW is great, but it has a
    steep learning curve.

I find Ace or Frontpage perfect for knocking up selling sites.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Ok great - thanks for the advice. I have frontpage, and am pretty familiar with it, so I'll probably just stick with that. I guess the only question I have now is - making a page "search ready", to make it as optomized as possible to get a high ranking in the major search engines. I know this is a tough task that is one of the major tasks of this line of work.

Is it easy to add the meta tags? There are some software programs which claim to optimize searches on pages - would this really save me alot of time?

Danski

Check out the search engine forum, you'll find all the info you need, and if you can't, just ask there
    Be sure to go back into the archives because there are many 'gems' there.

As for adding meta's you can do it via Fpage or by hand, I choose to do it by hand.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Welcome to the ABW forum Danski.

You have been given some fantastic advice above and chosen a good reputable host provider.

As for the use of the Frontpage editor, it is a great bang up page builder, but does have some sloppy HTML coding as do many other popular HTML editors.

We ourselves use Frontpage for basic maintenance use and write our own HTML within the editor as it has many great functions on making changes, searches, etc., and toolbar features.

You will want to go the search engine forum to get useful SE info as MouseJockey stated above.

If you need script codes stop by our service.

You have picked the best forum for your getting the proper information to be successful without massive trial & error testing periods as a lot of members here have been through.

Good luck on your new online business site. We look forward to seeing your future involvement on the forum.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    OOoooops~! I think I wandered into the new folk forum . . . oh well . . .
    Hi Danski

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

Hello Danski welcome to the forum if you are just starting out I like what leader said Macromedia Dreamweaver MX rules. Also if you are looking at sitesellit try looking at templatemonster.com it will get you started with some nice design ideas.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

Hi Danski,
    Frontpage 2002 is a neat package. It's very easy to get started with because it has a similar feel to Word and the other Office products.
    You could start off with Frontpage 2002 and upgrade to Dreamweaver later.
    Hey, I also used to work as an IT analyst.. get the Idiots Guide for whatever software you buy, and a web design book - this one is ok:
    The Non Designer's Web Book
    Good luck!

Hello Danski!

For your keywords to work, you will need to submit your pages to search engines. One good way to do so is Web CEO software suite. You may read more about how we help optimize, submit and track your site at:

http://www.webceo.com

Goog luck with your project!

Vlad Lysik
    E-mail: affiliates@webceo.com
    http://www.webceo.com

Hey guys -

Thanks so much for all of the great advice. Alex, mouse, disgnerwiz, datecam, spacewar, and Vlad - I can't thank you enough for paying some attention to the new guy.

The truth is, I am starting this off to get a little supplemental income, and baically because I think it is awesome - I'm really getting into it.

At the ripe age of 14 I started running computer bulletin boards on the old commie 64's (not sure if anyone here is as much of a geek as I am) - but I've always been excited about computer connectivity of any sort.

Now with the web, site traffic and the principles about getting traffic to your sites for profit is right up my alley.

I did some basic HTML in college for my IT degree, but I'm not confident with it, that's why I'll probably start with Frontpage to get a few sites up and see how well I can do. Later, as I gain experience I'll probably be cutting HTML code in some sort of power editor.

Again, guys, I appreciate the help and I look forward to adding to the group synergy here. My goal is to be able to quit my 9-5 IT Analyst job by the end of this year. Is it possible?

Talk soon,

Danski

Danksi I quit my IT job at Microsoft for this and am loving every moment of it some days are better than other but at least I am making a run at it. I wish you awesome luck.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread