Bought a treadmill
    Well, hopefully this will be the start of something good. After paying for memberships at gyms we rarely visited, and after a variety of other efforts to get exercise and lose weight, my wife and I decided to buy a treadmill for our living room.

I originally planned to buy a new treadmill (using part of the proceeds from the sale of a web site last month), but my wife persuaded me to first look at used treadmills (sorry, Chuck). I think this was a smart move, because I would have compromised if I'd bought a new treadmill, but instead I found "just what I was looking for" by posting an ad on CraigsList. (I've found quite a lot through Craigslist in the past decade -- a job, a car, a computer, and much more -- but most important, I met my wife through a Craigslist ad.)

Yesterday, I got more exercise than usual just by helping the guy who moved the treadmill for me (I found him through Craigslist, too), and then re-assembling it. Today, I started by walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

My requirements were pretty "advanced" -- I insisted on a heavy-duty treadmill (because my wife is currently at 300+ pounds), with a wide belt surface (at least 20"). I ended up spending $500 for a Keys 8800, which seems pretty good so far (though it lacks conveniences like cup holders or a place for the TV remote).

My pledge now is that I will not watch TV, except if I am walking on the treadmill or have already used the treadmill for at least 30 minutes that day. I'm starting at 201.5 pounds today.

Good luck Mark

I have been browsing Craiglist for one myself for the last week. Let me know if you are happy with that particular model. Good luck with your fitness program!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Mansfield, Texas
    We bought a used tread mill about a month ago. I get up around 5:30 every morning and spend my first 30 - 40 minutes watching the news from the tread mill where my goal every morning is to burn more calories than I about to eat for breakfast.

I got a little outta hand and got up to 190. My goal is to get down to 170. Was there around 10 years ago at age 40 and I was in the best shape of my life!

Going down...............

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles
    Happy treading Mark! It's a great way to get moving if you watch a lot of TV. If I was a TV watcher, it would be a natural for our living room, too. I need an exercise machine hooked up to the computer to do any good. LOL

Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Happy treading Mark!

If I ever get divorced, I'll know where to shop for a replacement thanks to your handy tip!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources:
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding

Rochester, NY
    Good luck to both of you Mark!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Good luck and may it never become a clothes rack!

Good luck on both your weight loss efforts - It may help to create a target weight loss and achievement date for yourself.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Colorado / Florida

I sincerely mean this when I say that I applaud your decision. Cardio work is soooo important to good health, both physical and mental. I wish you and your wife great success. Now hold to it, don't let yourselves avoid the daily workout and soon we'll be watching you guys in the Hawaiin Iron Man competition!! Best of success to you both Marko!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Enjoy the treadmill! If you need any advice training wise let me know, I will gladly give you different training techniques and advice on how to get the most out of your work out without wearing yourself out.

Best of luck!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread