I know there is a market out there for this site, but not sure how much of a market. The site is http://www.funfry.com and we justify paid memberships because of the bandwidth that funny movie clips use. We charge on average of $5 per month. We have a recurring affiliate program setup as well. We just need to obtain some good affiliates. Is it worth marketing this site? If so, how should we go about doing it?

Best Regards,
    C. Pavlovski - Owner
    Site: http://www.gekkonetworks.com
    Email: cpavlovski@gekkonetworks.com

ABW Ambassador
    At the time of this posting neither site you have listed above is loading.

My thoughts on your story:
    When thinking about humor sites, no matter how funny, all seem to have the same stuff. What is the chance that you will be able to provide fresh content month after month?

If you don't know IF it's worth marketing the site - as in the fact that you CAN make money - what was the sense in asking the question to begin with and I wouldn't want to affiliate with someone who was not aware they were making, or have the ability to make, CASH.

What has been your experiences so far with the sites?

You may also wish to consider a different host. Me thinks you're being jammed trying to stream your stuff . . . just a hunch.

Good luck

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

The website is loading just fine right now.
    I think it would be very hard to convince people to pay a membership fee given the fact that there are so many free fun and humor websites... If your movie clips are Never-Seen-Before high quality ones, then maybe you could give it a try with a 50% per sale program.

Gabe
    www.1lovecards.com

My experience is quite extensive. We also run http://www.jokaroo.com, so we have the power to push a site like funfry.com

As for our server, well we were having some server difficulties last night, but that has been dealt with now.

I'm also completely aware that their lies potential. I'm just not sure if it's worth the capital to get if off the ground.

Our affiliate program would either be 100% per sale or 60% per first sale and 40% per recurring.

(URL tweak - Dynamoo)

Best Regards,
    C. Pavlovski - Owner
    Site: http://www.gekkonetworks.com
    Email: cpavlovski@gekkonetworks.com

[This message was edited by Dynamoo on January 14, 2003 at 06:40 AM.]

Personally, if I was looking at that sort of money I'd subscibe to AdCritic instead.. I'd say AdCritic is your benchmark in terms of quality and cost (yes, I know it's not the same material, but it is similar in many ways).

You're not going to get a listing in the main part of the Open Directory with that much adult content, so you won't get any hits off that. I see you're familiar with the workings of the ODP already.

I recently ran an ad on F'dCompany just to see what sort of response I'd get for a humor site and got 1600 clicks for $95 (i.e. about 6 cents per click). Then I got another 1300 hits to date from new links created presumably because of my exposure on F'dCompany.. which is even better.

It may be obvious, but the less links in the ads section the more clicks I got, so if you pounce when there aren't so many links up you may do well. If it's crowded you'll get less clicks.. I'm sure you can work out some sums from the basic figures though

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread