Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs down Cybersquating Idiot
    I wrote recently on ABW about someone cybersquating on my name....

Today I got this mail:

Contact Us Mail: customer : Purchase My Blog E-Mail : annefognano@purchasemyblog.com Comments : Are you interested in purchasing AnneFognano.com?

John Kitovitsu
    Blog Consultant
    PurchaseMyBlog.com

LOLOL! May you pay renewal fees forever!!!! hahahahaha!
    Last edited by Anne; August 7th, 2007 at 03:48 PM.

CPA Network Rep
    OMG I'd be so pi#$@#! Now I feel MUCH better about having bought the urls corresponding to my name. I did this just recently and now I know why. haha

Make them an offer.

Explain that, while it holds no value other than that of a novelty, you would be willing to pay up to $5.00usd as long as there is at least 12 months remaining on the registration.

just tell them that you would not use your real name for protection of your personal information and watch how fast they drop it ;-) snap it up later as an expired domain!

wait AnneFognano.com has your picture and content all over it is that yours or not? seems like you could get the domain for free unless they have some release to use your image :-)

Oh yeah, I hadn't gone to the site, I figured it was simply parked as most squatters do. I was having fun with them, but I think this may be actionable. Send them a C&D letter and if it remains up, contact an attorney..

Internet Cowboy
    WOW, not only is this squatting but straight up plagiarism as well.
    Call Lisa Picarille and get her involved as they have illegally re-published the Revenue article.

This is not my page or site. When I was offered the domain earlier today, it was blank. After I posted it HERE all of this info appeared.
    Last edited by Anne; August 7th, 2007 at 05:20 PM.

go for it!

might wana copy the source today ;-)

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you. It appears you may become the new owner of purchasemyblog .com, that is after the lawsuit is settled.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh damn. First time I saw it weeks or months ago? it was some real estate kind of deal with apartments to rent. Earlier today some parked page, now they have your pictures up and video. Maybe we should all leave comments? Or your lawyer.

Internet Cowboy
    Indeed. Get copies of screenshots and source code before this fool changes it.

Something tells me he has no clue of the resources readily available to you. I think he picked the wrong person to extort.

Whatever you do, DO NOT LET UP! Crush him. You have a solid case. Keep the heat on!

Affiliate Manager
    PurchaseMyBlog is a full service blog consulting firm that has helped dozens of CEO’s, advertising agencies, public relation firms, entrepreneurs, professionals, and other VIPs develop and manage outstanding blogs.
    Why do I find that hard to believe? The phone number listed keeps coming up for a Mosquito Vending Machine and selling Bears tix on Craigslist.

Thanks Scoots for your call. Much appreciated!

Internet Cowboy
    Time to get out the hammer baby! Don't feel sorry for him. Don't feel bad for wrecking his life. He deserves everything he has coming. I only wish I could be a fly on the wall when the doorbell rings

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Obviously, Alex is behind this - LOLOL

Trust, I remember the RealEstate site too

Anne... this takes the prize of anything I'll see in a long time

I don't even know where I would start with this guy. Actually I would pay him a personal visit.

Personal visit? People like this don't deserve one's physical presence. They deserve to get a nice little letter from a hungry attorney looking for blood.

Best of luck with this Anne.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    The first option is to file a complaint ($800) with ICANN under its arbitration procedures and request that the domain be transferred to you. When a domain is registered, the individual or business registering the domain submits to mandatory arbitration in the event of a future dispute. ICANN arbitrations are substantially cheaper than federal litigation. Another advantage of ICANN arbitrations is that results can be obtained more quickly than in litigation (sometimes in 60 days).

You don't need a lawyer to do this, it is very simple.

Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Thanks everyone for your input so far, here is the latest communication:

Anne,

it's not our intention to pose as you or use your blog for material gain. We own over 200 exclusive domain "names" of successful entrepreneurs, scientists, executives, celebrities, and other VIPs that have partnered with us to deliver high quality content (in their respective fields) through blogs. Our network of bloggers have a large online following that has helped them increase their search marketing, public relations, business relationships, and growth efforts. We provide our bloggers with FREE hosting, content management, customer support, design, marketing, and syndication - most importantly it's up to us to get the "word" out about your blog. We do all the online marketing on your behalf. Ultimately, we hope our growing list of A-list bloggers will result in a blog network with hundreds of thousands of readers and substantial advertising potential. If you decide to join our network we can have a professionally designed template made to enhance the look and feel of your blog. Would you be interested in joining our network Anne?

Sincerely,

John

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Oh I see it was like a sales pitch?

When pigs fly.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Just my opinion, I'd say John is full of crap.

"We own over 200 exclusive domain "names" of successful entrepreneurs, scientists, executives, celebrities, and other VIPs"
    Sounds more like a scam with a bit of extortion thrown in. They registered names of well known reputable people, published blogs on them, pretended to be providing a service, then offered to sell it back to you.

If it was me I'd get a lawyer to take it on contingency. I think there's a civil case here, and possibly a criminal case.

No intention to pose as Anne?

From the site:

One very Clever Mom from Virginia is Giving Away over $11,000 in prizes to Online Holiday Shoppers

According to Fognano, “Our sweepstakes are always fun for our shoppers. Many of our customers love a bargain, and what better bargain to win a great prize?”
    Sounds like they are even running a sweepstakes SCAM using Anne's name and likeness. Unless Anne really is running a sweepstakes.

Identity theft, copyright infringement, extortion, fraud... the list is adding up quickly.

Well, considering how he's gone about this "sales pitch" and since the purchase my blog domain was just registered today, I'd say he's full of
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    No intention to pose as Anne?
    Of course he has no intention of posing as Anne. That's why the blog title is "Anne Fognano's Blog".

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Are you interested in purchasing AnneFognano.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    It's not our intention to pose as you or use your blog for material gain.
    Given that, I bet you he'll sell it to you for the original registration fee, right? I suggest you make an offer of no more than $8.95!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Actually you can use a name NOT to pose as the person whose name is on the blog. Let's say you managed to get "georgebush.com". Doesn't mean you are planning to say YOU are George Bush either.

You see it's Anne's FAME, FORTUNE, and public mass appeal that has turned their attention to her. Her cult-like following will certainly make them think that there is naturally millions to be earned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast