Adding a website to ConnectCommerce
    I was recently declined by a merchant on Performics, I think it's due to them seeing the site listed as not being relevant. I've registered a niche site within ConnectCommerce which has nothing to do with this particular merchant, but I can't seem to find any way to add any additional sites.

I've checked the setup link in the upper right, as that seemed the logical place to add new websites... could I get a little help with this?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm sure there is no way to add additional site urls to a PFX account.

Three or so years ago I started a site that was very different from my others (credit services rather than retail products) and when I applied to a few PFX merchants in that niche, I was declined by them all.

So, I opened a new PFX account with this new site url, and when I applied to these same merchants, got approved by them all.

Other than writing to each merchant providing your plans and site info and hoping for the best, there is no other way to do it with PFX.

If anyone knows differently, I would also be interested in this information.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hello,

Please add your additional sites under:
    - Setup
    - Website Information
    - Site description

If you are declined for an advertiser program, please respond to the declined email with the site you'd like the advertiser to review. We will then have your site reviewed again.

In addition, if your primary site has changed, please feel free to update your site URL within your account profile.

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    Manager, Affiliate Customer Support

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfjamie
    Hello,

- Setup
    - Website Information
    - Site description

If you are declined for an advertiser program, please respond to the declined email with the site you'd like the advertiser to review. We will then have your site reviewed again.

In addition, if your primary site has changed, please feel free to update your site URL within your account profile.

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    So a section that asks for a description about the one website for which we have been able to provide information, is the place where we can add urls for OTHER websites??

This issue has been raised here before, and I am sure I emailed this question to Performics years ago, and this answer has never been given before. If also makes no sense, especially if you look at the Setup - Website Information - Site description section, that clearly asks for information about your one primary site, and nowhere indicates that you can provide a list of additional site urls.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hello,

- Setup
    - Website Information
    - Site description

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    Jamie,
    So, I should overwrite the primary account information? Following the path above, there is no way to 'add' a site that I can see. All the information can be changed and then submitted, but that appears to change the account and primary site information.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide, I must just be overlooking the option somewhere.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hello,

In the future, we will have an obvious place for you to submit additional websites. In the meantime, our advertisers are instructed that additional URLs can be found in the section I detailed above.

You can overwrite your Link URL in your account profile. This is the primary link tied to your account. In addition, if you expand + Website Information (on the left-hand side of Setup in your account profile), our advertisers also look for additional URLs in the Site Description box.

We also review all replies to declined emails and forward to the appropriate advertiser contacts.

Thank you,

Jamie

I just received word from a Performics merchant, after six months on the waiting-to-be-approved list, that they are no longer adding new publishers. Even with these discouraging words, the merchant is still on the Performics merchant list, with no words about this restriction in their profile, and remains on my Pending list at Performics.

It makes me wonder if the application would have been approved if it had been reviewed when I first submitted it back in November 2007.

If this were a new merchant, or a small merchant, I would be a lot less worried, but this is a major player in my niche, and one that I have been looking forward to adding (for six months).

Does a more experienced publisher have some sage words of wisdom for me?

Write back to them and detail what your plans to promote them are. It is possible that they really and truly are not adding more publishers but I don't think it could hurt to try. Not trying hurts.
    PS I am not a more experienced publisher. You could always wait for better advice.

Thank you, 2busy! That's what I'd planned to do once I got the long-delayed refusal, but I figured I would do well to check the pulse of the policies first (and let myself cool down a bit).

- Setup
    - Website Information
    - Site description
    Thanks for these tips
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I am trying to add a new website but when I tried to follow the directions to add a website but under set up there is no website tab. So how do I add a new website? or am I missing something, maybe I need another cup of coffee...
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

It's not a tab; go to your account and scroll down to it on the page. It's the same page you filled out to apply, so it should look familiar when you get there. I have found that it doesn't help much to list them there. When you join a new program it helps to contact them and tell them where you plan to add that program or they only look at the first one. Not always but often enough.

Wow...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread