SEO, not watered-down?
    After doing a few days worth of research on SEO I have become frustrated in that every method of SEO provides the same pitch "A sure increase in traffic", coming from my experience in email brokering, I know this is not true 7 out of 10 times due to the enormous amount of factors that play into developing a successful channel of traffic.

So I ask the question to everyone, what are the most successful SEO Techniques you all have used and would suggest being implemented?

I know im going to get a lot of feedback (well I hope!) however I understand that almost any SEO technique will give you some sort of increment in traffic, but for niche based websites like the mainstream dating website I am developing, I am concerned the conservative techniques like social bookmarking are not going to deliver the results SEO promises to me..

Thanks for your replies in advance!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    SEO is all about content and linking strategies, both internal and external. There is no real White Hat shortcut.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    >After doing a few days worth of research on SEO

SEO is both and Art and a Science, you will need to find your own mixture of the two.

Those who have a deep understanding of SEO have spent years learning their craft and usually hours each day just keeping up and "sharpening their saw." A few days of research is but scratching the surface, there is no concentrated version, and those who have already paid their dues are not likely to spill the Duck's Guts willy nilly.

So, you need to read and study and practice and read and study and ...

Start with with buying SEObook, then read the SEO forums here, WebmasterWorld, SearchEngineWatch, HighRankings, and Cre8tasite.

Then keep up-to-date daily at SEOroundtable, SearchEngineLand and Sphinn. Also read the backlog at Threadwatch.org.

Along the way you will develop a list of blogs by like minded SEOers that you will want to keep tabs on. And so it begins.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz
    >After doing a few days worth of research on SEO

SEO is both and Art and a Science, you will need to find your own mixture of the two.

Those who have a deep understanding of SEO have spent years learning their craft and usually hours each day just keeping up and "sharpening their saw." A few days of research is but scratching the surface, there is no concentrated version, and those who have already paid their dues are not likely to spill the Duck's Guts willy nilly.

So, you need to read and study and practice and read and study and ...

Start with with buying SEObook, then read the SEO forums here, WebmasterWorld, SearchEngineWatch, HighRankings, and Cre8tasite.

Then keep up-to-date daily at SEOroundtable, SearchEngineLand and Sphinn. Also read the backlog at Threadwatch.org.

Along the way you will develop a list of blogs by like minded SEOers that you will want to keep tabs on. And so it begins.
    Thanks for the run down! I have already started to skim over WebmasterWorld and HighRankings, and anytime blogs are concerned I am IN!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread