CCBill? Alternatives?
    I am having trouble determining a good merchant account and credit card processor that can handle a few thousand transactions weekly without completely raping me on transaction fee's... any good, reputable alternatives to CCBill?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I use Authorize.net as processor and Nova through Costco for merchant account that beats any bank rate we could find. I am pleased with both.

It might help if you could identify the general category (retailer type) for these "few thousand transactions weekly."

I usually think of CCBill as being associated with "non-tangible" sales (downloads or site memberships, often adult sites). The charges for accounts for "non-tangible" resellers (who generally experience higher reversal and dispute rates) are usually higher than for sellers of tangible goods (where an item must be delivered to a fixed address). I am assuming that you are not seeking to provide payment services for other sites or sellers, as that's an entirely different category, with very special rules.

If you will be selling tangible goods, I suspect you can find cheaper rates elsewhere. (Of course, I might be wrong, and CCBill might have really good rates.)
    Last edited by markwelch; August 8th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

epoch, segpay

CCBill Alternatives
    Besides ccbill, there are also TicketEddy and VeroTel. TicketEddy's rate is about $2 cheaper than the others for sales of each $100. If you are selling thousand transactions weekly, and it's not digital content, i.e., instant download, you are better off with Google Checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseSanto
    I am having trouble determining a good merchant account and credit card processor that can handle a few thousand transactions weekly without completely raping me on transaction fee's... any good, reputable alternatives to CCBill?

Thanks for the help in advance!

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread