Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok, do I need to make a content site or a diffrent site.

What exactly are you asking in reference to? This question is so vague, we probably should have ignored it.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The debate on the merits/drawbacks of both kinds of sites rages here.

Scroll down about 3 posts in that thread and it begins.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

If you want sales, make many mini niche sales sites, don't stop till you make $100K, then vacation, and repeat as needed.

Haiko:

Could you be a little more specific..

Is that is that 100K per day or week?

I need to know, so I can accurately make plans for my Vacation.

Cow Patch...

Its 100k per Day

back to the subject , I think 50k per month is achievable . i think atleast there will be a couple of members here earning $100k/month ...just a blind guess

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

How do you 'define' a mini-niche site?

I would say it is a site devoted to a very specific product or category of products.

Thanks

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

'Niche sites' are something that confuse me too. How many products are there on CJ that aren't being promoted on 1000 other sites around the internet? Because unless I'm doing something wrong, there aren't any.

Niche Sites are ones which are devoted to a single merchant/product with nothing but sales pages ...

Each page will be optimised for a couple of KW Phrases , not more than 3 phrases...This pages will have 3-4 paragraph of sales blah blah with the KW's inserted in the right places ( title ,meta , H1 tag , bold once, Page bottom). I will make sure to reach a KW Density of not more than 15% .

The most important thing in this pages will be a BIG UGLY "CLICK HERE TO BUY" link !!!

This pages are nothing but bridges between the SE and the merchant which creates the right buying mindset before the customer lands in the merchants page !!...

Dont worry much about the look/design of this sites . But it dosent mean you have produce butt ugly pages which make the visitor to click the back button

Average Design is always good... Beautifully designed professional looking pages always convert bad

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

Gopi that is tops info

Also see This article If it doesn't go right to it, it is item #2 the "Enticing the Click" article.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    snoop-
    I do wish 1000 affiliates had mini niche sites selling MY products! Check my program out at www.shareasale.com , there's lots of room for some tarp niche sites, and I'm giving 5 URLs away, with 1 years hosting, in fact, as part of this quarters contest.

Sorry about the plug, I'll shut up now.

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

My question was asking what kind of site should I build to start with? I have read that you should build your site with good content and place your affiliate links in the text. But as I read more and more here I have come across some posts that say you should build your first site differently i.e. a sales site. Am I going in the right direction by working on a content site or should I be doing something diffrent.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snoop:
    'Niche sites' are something that confuse me too. How many products are there on CJ that aren't being promoted on 1000 other sites around the internet? Because unless I'm doing something wrong, there aren't any.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found a group of products quite by accident. (There's gold in them thar server logs!)

I found that people were searching for the product specifically, and ended up at my site. I have two sentences on the landing page that mentions the product: You need this product to do this. Check out this merchant for availability and pricing.

I showed up as number 5 in the SERPS for the product, despite a lack of SEO towards the product. (Again, mentioned once, buried in the page.)

I was getting 3-4 referrals a week for the product in question and 1-2 sales a week for my merchant that sells the product. Not a bad conversion rate.

Why is this a goldmine? There's about 200 products that are in the same "product family" listed on my merchant's site, with the same irrelevance in the SERPS.

I spent eight hours yesterday making more pages about the products and product family. I now find myself awaiting Freshbot's return.

Again: Gold in the server logs, just pan for it.

Just start building a site!

I started with a content site, added a bunch of affiliate links, became frustrated, found ABW, built some affiliate sites, updated content site with what I had learned, and now I am looking to expand.

I agree with weisinator, there is a great deal of info in the log files. I updated to a better log file application, and now I can see what I should be doing.

www.teampb.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have read that you should build your site with good content and place your affiliate links in the text. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What this conversation shows is that it all depends. What kind of content are you planning?

Anyways, the day is half over, you could have a good start on it by now instead of stewing over content versus crap (and I mean 'crap' in a good way).

You need to get your feet wet and then make adjustments from there. Pick something you like, then you will have the determination to press on.

yeah, just start building sites and see where it takes you. you're not going to make 100k with your first site so go experiment

TeamPB- Any particular application you'd recommend for viewing the log files?

There may be better packages out there, but Urchin was better than I was using.

Urchin Software

I am not an affiliate of this software, only a happy user.

www.teampb.com

Thanks, and if you want to be an affiliate, post it, I'll click through.

ABW Ambassador
    I also vote for Urchin Software. One reason I chose my web host I did was because they provided Urcin Stats. The program is quite simple to use and does an excellent job of showing what search terms people used to find your site.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's a dum question from a non-rookie. Now that my funds are limited - is it necessary for me to get new urls for all of the sites? Can I just add pages to an existing site for new items? Can I use free sub-domain urls? Is it advised to submit these pages via $25 paid submission to Inktomi - or just wait for google (whom you know doesn't like me). Ah, this is really pathetic sounding. Please advise.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

JadaKiss

Could you use more explicit terminology in your questions? Do you mean by site - domains? Or are you referring to niche pages optimized as mini-sites? What do you mean by free sub-domains? Free sites like Angelfire, Tripod Etc?

There may be a quick simple answer given more specific.

You can always add more pages to an existing domain as long as you have the bandwidth and hosting space.

Gene
    TCS

A bit more on Log Analysis Software,

My vote has to go to 123LogAnalyzer, it is much better than WebTrends and it is superfast. It also beats Urchin in my opinion.

You can check it here:
    http://www.123loganalyzer.com/

Here I'll get a comish :
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=4545&U=70382&M=1663

JadaKiss,

Individual sites work better, plus, they are so cheap nowadays.

I've had great results with Inktomi paid subscription.
    I've noticed that a lot of non-paid pages are getting in at Ink - major chages going on overthere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast