ABW Ambassador
    Enough UK Affiliates Here For Me To Give Haiko My Cash ?
    For those of you who don't know me, I used to be a moderator here and, at one time at least, I was a reasonably well known SEO.

Now, I'm running a UK business to business lead generation network and we're in the process of launching affiliate programs for all our sites and clients.

We provide leads to HR consultants, IT consultants, accountants, web designers and a number of other industries and believe that we are the only network to offer affiliate programs for most of these things.

Enough of the preamble. The thing is : I'm strongly considering stumping up the $3k or whatever it costs to launch a dedicated forum here, but as our network is both brand new and largely targeted to the UK market, I'm just wondering whether there are sufficient UK affiliates on ABestWeb these days to make it a really worthwhile thing to do.

Comments from the UK networks who have a presence here particularly appreciated.

Ta,

Mark

http and a telephoto
    I'm not a UK network or merchant, but my forums attract a large number of UK based affiliate sign ups, and other European affiliates as well.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm a US resident, but promote both US and UK programs. Not sure how common that is, but it seems like there'd be some crossover.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    We have not communicated for some time.
    I've spent a lot of time in the UK meeting SEMs who are also affiliates.

They ROCK!

Look at the UK forum and see how much traffic and posts it gets - that will tell you I think.

Affiliate Manager
    We recently launched our UK contact lens division and bought some ABW banner space with a decent response rate so far. You'll receive a great response with a forum but I think most of the benefit will be in promoting it to your current affiliates and in promotional materials for your program.

Giving your affiliates (and future affiliates) a place to ask questions, read up on past policies/questions/changes, etc is a tremendous opportunity in my opinion.

Good luck!

Bob

ABW Ambassador
    I've spent a lot of time in the UK meeting SEMs who are also affiliates.

They ROCK!
    Mike, you're right, they do indeed ROCK. Um. Massively. Or something.

Debbie - That's good to know. Thanks.

I want to have a forum here, but my initial objective is to recruit affiliates rather than, as Robert suggests, "promoting it to your current affiliates".

I would very much like to hear the views of reps from Affiliate Window, Affiliate Future, Buy.At, etc. But I guess I'm going to have to bump this thread when they are awake tomorrow.

Affiliate Network Rep Brian_AffiliateFuture's Avatar
    Hey Mark,

AffiliateFuture US actually uses ABW to handle our US network. So all of our postings are for the US side of things, and aren't UK related. We leave all our UK stuff for our UK forum, so we've never targeted UK affiliates via ABW.

However, to be fair, we do get quite a bit of inquiries about our UK network via ABW, whether they be UK based affiliates or US affiliates with UK traffic.

But like I mentioned, we've never targeted UK users/traffic through our forum here since it's only for our US network.

I hope that helps!

ABW Ambassador
    Brian,

Thanks for your contribution. I'm pleased to hear you reiterate what Debbie said about UK enquiries via ABW.

One of my problems, however, is that while I still have a measure of credibility and trust here at ABW, I never spent time on that major UK affiliate forum...so I don't have the advantage that you at Affiliate Future have. I very much doubt that the owners of that forum are going to let me set up a forum for our network on their domain.

Here, however, I have a comfort level in that many of the mods, senior members, merchants and Haiko have dealt with me in the past and know that I deliver what I say I can deliver. And that is, of course, extremely important in building trust with prospective affiliates.

I would still like to hear comments from UK merchants and affiliates alike, but I guess I'll have to wait until morning to do so.

BTW, Mal from Buy.at is here in NY this week, so his response might be delayed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    markymark,

As an SEO I'm sure you can appreciate...

My opinion is that the link popularity alone you get from having a presence here is worth it! Not to mention the direct exposure you get to some of the best Affiliates on earth!!

ABW is an incredible branding tool that's worth every penny...doesn't matter where on earth you are

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Mark

We set up a forum on ABW for the US side of things but that being said the geography lines are much thinner these days and we get plenty of US affiliates wanting to promote into the UK so its worth it just for that imo.

There are plenty of UK folk represented on ABW itself as well as we saw when we soft launched from all those that posted a kind word.

Like someone else says the branding alone will pay back the investment and who knows you may find you want to push into the US market and you will already have a presence through ABW.

Also I'm sure if you contact the main UK forum owner you can probably get something set up there as well especially as your targetting in an area where people will be interested in seeing how it/you develop B2B.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for your contribution, Malcolm. We've got no intention of getting into the US market until the dollar recovers against the pound, but I take your point.

I'm leaning strongly towards a couple of new program announcements here to gauge response and then the full forum thingy.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    Thanks for your contribution, Malcolm. We've got no intention of getting into the US market until the dollar recovers against the pound, but I take your point.
    Don't wait up.

I think in the next few years there will be a LOT of US based affiliates frantically chasing down affiliate programs in other countries and languages as the only thing stopping the dollar plunging into oblivion is the Fed putting more currency into circulation to buy out all the idiots that loaned out subprime mortgages. People earning only USD are going to be in a pile of hurt. US based people that are ready for it and expand into other markets with stronger currencies are ging to be creaming it, and buying up US dollar priced assets for pennies.

I speak English and a little bit of Spanish, but have some fairly big sites running in French German and Italian. Have some smaller sites just firing up in Chinese Japanese and Korean and have a LOT of domains for other languages sitting in PPC right now waiting for non-English affiliate programs to wake up to the fact that English speaking affiliates might have valuable traffic for them.

I geotarget UKs advert to UK surfers.

In other words, yes I think you should target more than just UK based affiliates for your UK based programmes.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread