Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Good Gawd It's HOT!!!
    It just hit 100 degress outside here in Raleigh. According to the weather service, it "feels like" 108.

I have vowed to not leave the house.

ABW Ambassador
    I was about to post how hot it is. I'm house sitting (going back and forth between my apt. and house) for my ex-gf and was out playing with the dog and it's upper 90's, feel like temp over 100 and then getting into the car. I like 80's, upper 80's in the Summer but I'm not liking these 90's and up temps.

What makes it even worse is the lack of rain. If you don't water for a few days and there is no rain with this sustained heat, the lawn will look like straw. I am not looking forward to my next water bill.

We have dual central air units for our house and neither unit has shut off for days. My electric bill already is double what it's normally supposed to be.

I used to live in AZ and the heat didn't bother me, but I moved back to heat AND humidity and it's a killer.

Internet Cowboy
    In East Texas we escaped June and July. Because of all the rain, it never got that hot. But MAN, are we paying the price now.
    97 degrees with 70% humidity = HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually start this chant for the sales associated with Fall, but for other reasons....."C'mon October!!!"

ABW Ambassador
    "the lawn will look like straw."

Noticed the same thing, haven't had much rain either and parts of the property you could see cracking in the ground, looked like something I would see on TV. And the humidity is something else. I lived in Orlando for about 12 years and it would just hit you once you got outside.

It hit 108 degrees here yesterday, and is 103 degrees right now .... it's a mean heatwave for sure.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It finally cooled off in upstate New York. Gorgeous here today. You'll get your turn, too.

Betcha never had to deal with 50 below (with the wind chill) in Raleigh, didja?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    It just hit 100 degress outside here in Raleigh. According to the weather service, it "feels like" 108.

I have vowed to not leave the house.
    Yeah, up here in the mountains it's a blistering 76 degrees today with 15% humidity and a 3 - 5 knot breeze..... Man, what I put up with to live in this God forsaken paradise.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Yeah, up here in the mountains it's a blistering 76 degrees today with 15% humidity and a 3 - 5 knot breeze..... Man, what I put up with to live in this God forsaken paradise.
    I don't know how you can stand that, Alan. Remember to stay hydrated... with something other than Red Bull.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    It's even hot here in the UK, so - by definition - it must be roasting in the rest of the world.

High temps here in Myrtle Beach the last few days: 96, 98, today so far has topped out at 98. I live about 3 miles from the beach, east of the intracoastal waterway. Further inland, west of the waterway, temps have been over 100. Heat indexes over 115. Just a few areas get late afternoon spotty rain. My wife works in Murrells Inlet and she said it rained about 5 minutes. The roads were so hot it looked like a steam sauna.

Its a drag just to walk to the mailbox. Even my dog doesn't want to go outside. No relief til the weekend so say the weather folks. "Cold front" will drop temps to high 80's.

Stay cool,
    Joey

AHHHHHH! The cold front. I saw lows in the high 60's coming soon. Thank goodness.

Wow, sorry to hear about all the bad weather. Here's it's 75, light breeze, clear sky, low humidity. I have it good.

Outsourced Program Manager Nick Prussakov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    It's even hot here in the UK, so - by definition - it must be roasting in the rest of the world.
    At least, there's been plenty of water around recently, unlike the southern parts of Europe.

We hit 119 in June and fortunately it's been somewhat cooler these past couple weeks in the low 100's, but we're supposed to get back up to around 112 next week. Not looking forward to that.. Had a really nice 90 degree day last week, that was refreshing!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Little off topic but what temp do you keep your thermostat on during the Summer? I know room temp. is 72 and I usually have it a degree or two below that. I like it cool.

I keep our house temp around 71-72, I like it cool too. I leave it at that even when the wife and I go to work.

During the day, I keep the upstairs (all 4 bedrooms) thermostat set at 82. I keep the downstairs thermostat set at 77. At night I swap the temps.

We keep it around 80. Don't want it to get too cold inside. My wife doesn't like AC too much though so we try to throw in some natural air from time to time.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    bring back the rain for floridians...

It's about 7:30 and the sun is heading down and it's still 93 .. but feel like 100 with 50% humidity .. earlier today it was 105 and felt like we were sitting in the broiler.

We had a small thunderstorm earlier, but it just made everything worse .. hotter and stickier .... ugh ...

Sometimes I hate Indiana .. get the worst of both extreme heat, humidity, and cold ...

Have to say though .. we have had much worse summers.
    KK

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I live between Dallas and Fort Worth so the 100's are nothing new. They don't bother me a bit as long as:

a. I am in the pool

b. I am on the golf course ... weather is always good on the golf course : )

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Little off topic but what temp do you keep your thermostat on during the Summer? I know room temp. is 72 and I usually have it a degree or two below that. I like it cool.
    at 8200 ft we don't need air conditioning.... hehehe
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    That's got to be nice. I know when I lived in Germany and Upstate NY we didn't have/need AC, just opened the windows. I just saw on the news, it's 104 at 8:30 at night, that's crazy.

Was just checking upstate NY, where I went to hs one year:

Friday

69F
    54F

The highest temp this week is forecast for Sunday:

84F 28C
    62F 16C

That's nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast