The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Merchants That Actually "Get It"
    Time to start naming names - so affiliates know who to sign up with

Assuming the products are right, the commissions are acceptable, you're fine with the cookie duration.... etc...

It all comes down to the Affiliate Manager or OPM.

Just as there are 100 employees involved in a plane trip to New York, the only ones we deal with are the Flight Attendants. The same way they can be the difference between a good flight and a bad one, AMs are the ones who we deal with, and they are key to weather our partnerships are successful or not.

So lets give kudos to those who "get it". Inspire them. Give them due credit. Thank them.

And my first nomination is...

Greg Rice from www.commercemc.com
    I am very pleased with his down to earth attitude and how quickly he responded to emails.

Internet Cowboy
    Two Words:
    Kristin Tang

AndyARC... but it would take too long... so I'll save him for when I have more time...

Kim Rogers at 4checks!

What separates her from others?

1. She cares.
    It's evident in every post. Some programs are obviouslly on "auto pilot". She broke the auto-pilot button off her dashboard

2. She's upbeat.
    Never a disparriging word. You WANT to work with people like her.

3. She's responsive
    Not one unanswered email. If you ask something, she gets the answer. No spin.

4. She's open
    Suggest something, and she'll act on it.

5. Pro-Active
    She's always looking for new ways to promote, new ways to help.

6. She's available
    She's here. She's at summits. If you need her, she's not hard to find.

7. Personal Experience: I PM'd with "When do we get paid"? Long story short - there was an oversite. In the middle of her moving to a new house, she had my check approved and fed ex'd. And in with the check was a thank you card. I won't embarras her further, but it's clear I and 4checks are partners. It's clear she considers me (affiliates) an asset. And she realizes that making me successful means her company is successful.

Thanks Kim
    I don't do "BillyBucks", but if I did, you'd get 50 of them

Matt McWilliams from HometownQuotes .

Kristen Tang? LOL

I need to add a disclaimer before I'm sooooooo dead... I'm posting in no particular order - lolol

ABW Ambassador
    The only problem is that Affiliate Managers move around.

I've been seriously burned when I went with a program because I trusted the affiliate manager and they left...or lost influence with the overall marketing and/or management team.

Now quite frankly, one of the most important considerations (in addition to cookie duration, commissions etc.) for me is how easily replaceable the program is if they screw me. Very rarely will I go with a "unique" program - regardless of who the AM is.

I second Billy. Kim has been great in every conversation I've had with her since she took over the program.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

And #2 is...

Andy of ARC

(and Mini-Me.... uh I mean Emilio)

Before he came along, affiliate marketing consisted of text links, banners and email spammers

No, he didn't "invent" datafeeds or RSS, but he showed everyone how to successfully use the additional tools that have been developed over the years.

The so-called list of the things affiliates require is embedded in his lobes, and when a merchant contacts him... he doesn't sign on until each item on the list has a check mark next to it.

Then, after he tells the merchants the rules to being fair... he gets them to go a step further to insure their program is better then the competition.

So when ARC announces a new program, we already know the tools are in place to succeed, and we don't have to spend time comparing his merchant to the competition, as it's a given that ARC already did.

And of course, he's approachable. No one can ever say "I couldn't get a hold of Andy"

He listens. He thinks outside the box. He WANTS your opinion. He never says "I'll pass that on to the merchant". He places you on hold (or sets up a conference call in the frozen food section of the grocery store - REALLY) - so the affiliate, the merchant and Andy can discuss... whatever.

Finally... he manages the only programs with guaranteed commissions. You don't even have to sell anything. Put up a link... and a $5 CAB (Cash Activation Bonus) is put into your account

Ditto with Emilio. Same enthusiasm. Same dedication. Same knowledge.

Both Andy and Emilio live and breathe affiliate marketing - they really need a hobby (LOL) - but we're glad they do

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Thank you, Billy & Noth for the kind words. I think I need to step away from the keyboard for a minute - I'm getting choked up.

It all boils down to the fact that we are a team - If I don't do my best to get you the things you need to be successful, I'm not doing my job. If I'm not doing my job, then chances are I won't have one And someone has to feed all of those kids of mine and put them through college. The hubby can't go it alone.

All that said, I would have to speak to Deb's programs - though I'm not a member, she does it all. She's the Superwoman of AM. She blogs, she launches programs from the ground up, she takes on programs no one else will touch with a ten foot pole, she builds relationships, she works relentlessly for the betterment of the industry, she shares things with people over dinner , she teaches others, she photographs everything, she motivates...and the list goes on. She's great and I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to meet her in Miami.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Thanks Billy, we really try to do our best to provide a service and support structure to both affiliates and merchants that adds value and ethics to our industry. We love affiliates, we love affiliate marketing and I would never trade what I am doing now for anything in the world. I can say this with all assurance becuase I've been out there....A while back I used to work for a huge corporation and met allot of influential people of all types, but nothing truely compares to the caliber of people I've met in affiliate marketing sector. I cannot put a price on the people I have met and the experiences I've encountered in our industry.

I am eternally grateful at the opportunity Andy has provided me of allowing me to be a partner in his firm, no one messes with his baby..no one...yet he's entrusted me learn and pay it forward...I know first hand no one does that.... It doesn't get any better than this......

Thanks again for the post and the props Billy and thank you for allowing me to do what I do, without affiliates there is no Affiliate Marketing..........YOU the MAN!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Although she's an OPM rather than an AM, I would definitely vote for Deb. She's so inspirational, full of energy and knowledge and so happy to help and answer questions. She's also great at training new merchants and getting their programs off the ground and onto our sites.

Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by $Cleopatra$
    Greg Rice from www.commercemc.com
    I am very pleased with his down to earth attitude and how quickly he responded to emails.
    Thank you so much for the kind words. It's truly my pleasure. I must admit it comes easier for me since I love what I do so much. I was an affiliate for years and had the displeaure of working with some of this industry's worst AMs and knew there was a tremendous need for fair and ethical AMs who care.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

IMO the best programs are the ones that just track sales and mail checks, without having an AM getting all up in your grill.

So if we are nominating for "best AM's" here, my nomination goes to "Anonymous" at T Shirt Hell.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

http and a telephoto
    Thanks ladies I try Yes david, I don't like to get "all up in your grille" but people like a responsive AM, they don't like to be ignored. I try to be responsive, to my merchants and to affiliates. Been there myself
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

My point is that if a program is running right, there should never be any need to have any contact whatsoever with the merchant (or their representative) outside of the linking interface and the mailbox.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm with you davidh. My best and consistent programs generate money every month and I very rarely have personal contact with the AM.

Every once and a while one will email me, after I've increased my sales with them, and say thank you. My favorites email a private offer increasing my commisison.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread