Thumbs down Same old CJ...
    It's been a long while since I've used CJ for anything. I remember long delays for merchants to approve sales, unresponsive AMs, sub-standard rates on CPA campaigns...

I'm researching a side project for our company that would involve working as an affiliate ourselves with a number of CJ merchants. I've contacted 6 CJ merchants running per-sale affiliate programs who offer product datafeeds with questions. Only received one response.

Nice to see at least some things never change in this business.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Maybe the 6 pay-per-sale merchants with datafeeds you contacted don't work with CPA sub-affiliate networks? Don't see how it's a CJ issue necessarily. CJ certainly works with CPA sub-affiliate Networks, but merchants don't have to.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Is this off-topic and deserving it's own thread?...

I have sub-affiliates, but when CJ issued it's new TOS, it said "site must be in YOUR CONTROL"

So I had my subs remove their CJ links

If CPA Networks are basically ALL sub-affiliates, how do they get around the "the site must be in your control" part of the TOS??

We weren't contacting these merchants as a CPA network, but as a completely separate entity. Just another new affiliate to them. I suppose there's a chance they'd recognize my name as a network owner, but I doubt I'm that known.

No, I guess the problem isn’t with CJ itself, but with the merchants who use their system. I can’t help but feeling though that if the bulk of my experiences with CJ merchants are negative, it also reflects on their network. I've been in the business for 11 years now and started out as a publisher myself using many CJ merchants, and remember how frustrated I was that SO MANY of the various affiliate program reps were impossible to reach, often never receiving replies to my questions. Most often you don’t even get a name of a rep to contact. I think it's sad that a decade later, with so much more competition among networks and affiliate programs, the same problem exists on CJ.

I know there's lots of slag against CPA on ABW, but if there's one thing you've got to give CPA networks, it’s that we're extremely responsive. Our publishers have the name, phone number, email address and AIM of their affiliate managers. Not replying to an affiliate’s questions is just nuts.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Oh and we don't broker any CJ merchants on MaxBounty. We tried it once and it was a complete nightmare of too many hands in one pot. Conflicting terms. Payment issues. It was just too ugly to do again. When MaxBounty has a merchant in common with CJ, it's a direct relationship outside of CJ.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Sauve
    ...too many hands in one pot. Conflicting terms. Payment issues. ...too ugly to do again.
    The Sub Affiliate CPA network model explained.
    JP, are you guys still parasite free?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    JP, are you guys still parasite free?
    Want to bring this up again, eh?

The answer is the same as before. If you define parasite as blantantly bad adware, meaning the kind stuff that installs without permission, can't be easily uninstalled, etc, we do not allow that on the network. If we find an affiliate account conducting business in that way, they are removed from the network. (Although I admit it is sometimes difficult to find them since they generally don't want to be found out and we have thousands of affiliate accounts to contend with.) It's generally not a problem with us though. These type of publishers generally stay away from us as there are several other networks that'll no doubt welcome them with open arms.

We do allow some adware into the network, the kind that doesn't generate complaints, installs with permission, and is for the most part problem free... pretty much the same policy as most affiliate networks.

Scooter, you still on cruisade against CPA networks?

Unfortunately, Cj isn't responsible for their merchants. Or their affiliates. Or anything else. They have said so, and so it is written.

CJ is just a weather balloon... just some swamp gas....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    If you define parasite as blantantly bad adware, meaning the kind stuff that installs without permission, can't be easily uninstalled, etc, we do not allow that on the network.
    ROFL! And automatically redirecting on the merchant's organic and other paid traffic into the adware affiliate's account isn't blantantly bad. Guess not from your perspective. .

I guess we're all just going to have to follow the CJ lawsuits and see if that view holds up in a court of law or not.

@Noth: you made my day with that post.

Let me get this straight, MaxBounty is critiquing CJ? That's rich!

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Let me get this straight, MaxBounty is critiquing CJ? That's rich!
    Actually I was commenting on the unresponsiveness of CJ merchants.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread