No, AutoFeed isn't gone. But we have an improvement to announce!
    So,
    There has been a lot of buzz about unavailable products. Some of what we can't control is how merchants mark products as unavailable. And affiliates (rightly so, I might add) don't care for big holes in their websites.

So, the guys have created a preferences dialog box that will now allow you to tell us how to handle what are marked as "unavailable" products.

So, now, instead of the "AutoFeed" check box over the thumbnails, there is now a Preferences button. Click it and you can:

Turn AutoFeed on/off
    Choose how you want us to handle "unavailable" products. The default is now to leave them there (as-is). You can also choose for us to remove them altogether or to AutoFeed a similar product in.

I hope this makes life easier for you. I know that I prefer this for my own shops.

JessieJ

How do you choose the similar product? I tend to have my shops in blocks of 18 products from 18 different merchants to maximise the autofeed. If one item is unavailable then I want another item from that same merchant to fill in the gap ... not just an item that uses the same keywords from one of the other 17 merchants I have used.

Sue.

Hi Sue,
    It does look at your entire shop and picks products that are based on the merchants in it. So it might be that option isn't right for you. We will continue to try and make these things even more configurable (? is that a word?) and smarter, but for now I think it's better that you can decide how to handle your shops rather than us just pulling out the products.

It's hard because some merchants handle these things in one way and others in another. I lost an entire page of products (from one merchant) that were marked in the feed as unavailable but were in fact there. By me leaving them there and keeping the products there, my page is full and the links work. In another shop of mine, I chose the AutoReplace option. In that shop it was better to have anything than the blank page the merchant returned.

JessieJ

I think I will look at each shop for this. Many of them can easily have the missing items refilled by the system so it could be very useful. I can also see me using it when I go on holiday with no internet access. Would it be possible to have a default at account level? It could have an option to use individual shop settings or account level ones.

Sue.

We are going to allow you to set defaults for a bunch of stuff. We just felt it was somewhat urgent pushing this out sooner. I'll let you know when the global prefs are done.

JessieJ

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread