ABW Ambassador
    I used to do real well with mortgage leads. Now it's dried up. My traffic for mortgage leads is down, but conversions are down much more drastically, to almost nothing.

Anyone care to share their experience with mortgage lead affiliate programs??

If I told you my experiences I might start to cry....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One word describes the downturn...SPAM SPAMM and more Spam. 10 billion spams have turned off this entire industry to consumers

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, WM Mike, since the spammers still flood me with emails for mortgage leads the consumers must still be eating them up. Otherwise the spammers wouldn't bother IMO.

And you see LendingTree.com advertising on television. There must be a hot consumer market for that to happen.

It just doesn't seem to add up that the problem is turned-off consumers. There must be more to it.

I'm having a similar problem with new car leads and auto insurance leads and I don't see the email spammers working those as much.

And Kat, if we could share some experiences maybe we can figure out what's driving those tears.

I'm not afraid of working the competitive areas but I'm not stupid either. If the industry has dried up, I'm not going to beat my head against the wall. That's what I'm really trying to find out ... if the online market for mortgage leads has dried up or if I'm just getting beat out by competition or if my affiliate merchant just quit converting those leads.

I see some of the affiliate merchants for new car leads culling the affiliate traffic by saying "only serious buyers should apply", or "only apply if you are planning to buy within 30 days". Filters like this allow them to sell the car dealers higher quality leads, for a premium price I assume, while paying the affiliate that originated the lead the same paltry commission. There's only a couple new car lead merchants left in the industry so the remaining ones can more or less monopolize the industry. On the other hand, maybe this industry is drying up from car dealers getting too many low-quality leads. So I don't have all the answers here either.

i read something about fannie mae or sallie mae tightening the rules on who can refinance their homes, taking effect in march or april.

Make sure you are pushing Refinance Mortgage since that wave has not died down yet. Rates have never been lower and affiliate merchants like LendingTree are advertising for it like crazy.

You may also want to try marketing Auto but from a refinance perspective. Most consumers don't know that, because rates are so low, they can save on monthly payments without extending their payment term by refinancing. LendingTree, Roadloans and others are pushing it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread