I am leaning toward a revenue site (sales pitch+buylink) to start making a little money. How do they work? Do I just promote them or do I work them diffrently?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The holes only natural enemy is the pile

It all boils down to attracting eyeballs no matter how you look at it.. I guess it's the principle of promote it any which way you can.

Something about the tone of the message makes be think this won't be your first site though.. do you have content sites already?

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

Hit the search link and you will find alot of information on this subject.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    It all boils down to attracting eyeballs no matter how you look at it.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And more importantly eyeballs which want to buy

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

No

You can use PPC engine for revenue site, but not on content site.

Regards,

=xo=

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fleetwood413:
    No<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ???

Does anyone do revenue sites? How do I sign up and get started? Any merchants to recommed? Is there anything I need to know?

Yes. You can search thru this board about tips and tricks of the revenue site. See which merchants convert and which are not. Build a site, sign up with CJ, LS, BF, etc. Then promote your site (search engine, ppc, etc.).

Tips: Choose themes that you're interested, not just any themes since you're still starting so that you won't get burned out.

There is no shortcut on this. It will take your time, effort and willingness to learn from others.

Regards,

=xo=

ABW Ambassador
    I think the easiest way is to start with Commission Junction. The reason for this is that Commission Junction has consolidated payments and displays the EPC for its merchants.

EPC is the average amount the merchant pays for 100 clicks. EPC alone does not tell you if the site is the best, but a high EPC tells you the site pays something at least. A low EPC or zero EPC means the program's a joke.

Browse through the CJ merchants. Find a few that you would like to promote. Click the join button. Start making web pages that promote the ones that you like. Learn as you go.

I think CJ is best for starters. Linkshare has some of the better merchants. but they do not consolidate payments and some of their programs have a really low payout. Most don't don't but how can you tell the differencer? So it is a hit and miss game. This means that you have to run each merchant until you get over the minimum for a payout. You will want to diversify from CJ after you have tested the waters.

Apparently the most lucrative way to develop pages is to promote a product...then link to a merchant that sells that product. The other common method is to promote the merchant.

I think it is best to start with a just a couple of merchants, test the waters, then expand.

You expect payout is will be something like 100 ad views per click and 50 clicks per sale. Expect that you will have to show 5000 ads per sale.

You generally have to send about 300 people to a merchant to have a good idea if the merchant is right for you.

boom!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread