Time Management
    I am half way through reading a book on time management, although the book has some great ideas I realized I dont have the time for this book anymore. Talk about an oxymoron

ABW Ambassador
    To me time management books are like diet books.

I know what I'm supposed to eat to be thin and healthy, I just have to have the discipline to do it.

Likewise, I basically know what my priorities are (personal and professional), I just have to have the attitude to focus and not get sidetracked.

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I am half way through reading a book on time management, although the book has some great ideas I realized I dont have the time for this book anymore. Talk about an oxymoron
    Yeah, just toss it and join the ABW chat

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Best book I have ever read on Time Management is Stephen Covey's "First Things First", where, in true style of the book, he first talks about the compass before talking about the clock.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

CPA Network Rep
    In Covey's "7 Habits" book the one point I remember is the need to discern between action items that are Urgent vs. those that are Important.

This really resonated with me because my mom is always "fighting fires" and running around addressing "urgent" items. But often times this leaves little time for things that are truly "important".

The one time management tip that always bugs me is "Only touch a piece of paper one time"........... Impossible!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

To me time management books are like diet books.
    same to me

But i think i'm starting to understand the whole thing with time management, the main problem cames from us, we don't know how to manage the less important tasks.

Oh...1 week ago a guy cames to us.He talked with my boss for about 20 minutes, after that our operator installed a new program in our network. After a short speach about time management this guy made a presentation of the product.

He talked about how we need to manage the less important tasks so the important ones to not get affected.Also, he shows in the app how to create tasks in "the best order" - coffe and lunch, appointments, most important to dos, free time(if is possible) and all other tasks in the time left.First i thought is a joke but really works

My boss said he bought 10 licenses of this program for 100$ , i think he make a good deal, we learned to use it quick because is simple and looks nice.

I think you should get a tool to manage your time if you don't have one, if you know how to schedule your time you'll find some gaps to profite from.

And make sure you put all your things down a day earlier...will save a lot of time

just reminded, the program has in the demo database some tips about time management (10 or 20), they are short but some of them useful :
    let the easiest task to the end of the day, so you can finish the day in a good note and
    a nice one, make an appointment with yourself each day(or something like this)

www.veetosoft.com these are the guys

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread