Question Pending status for a long time
    I have found many merchants take a lot of time to approve an affiliate for it's program. Many merchant's application status is shown as pending since the last two weeks or even more. It is supposed to take not more than 2-3 working days. Is there any way this can be done faster? What can be the reason for the delay?

Awaiting response.

Thank you in advance.

AMEET SHIVRAM

ABW Ambassador
    >>What can be the reason for the delay?

One reason MAY be that the affiliate offered an incomplete site.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    One reason MAY be that the affiliate offered an incomplete site.
    True. But I've found this to be a real issue with a few SAS merchants, too. And it had nothing to do with incomplete sites. In my case, it seems to have been affiliate managers/other merchant people simply asleep at the wheel.

Not that I would say it's been a big issues. But it is frustrating that some of the people approving/rejecting affiliates for some of the merchants simply don't pay attention, don't take time to respond, etc.

Hey, bottom line: It's a business. If a merchant ignores me or simply doesn't want to do business with me, I give 'em two or three shots at it, then move on. Lot of good merchants out there. Lot's of choices.
    Generate more fake news.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    It's a business. If a merchant ignores me or simply doesn't want to do business with me, I give 'em two or three shots at it, then move on.
    And that is being very generous. I would bet that most affiliates don't give a merchant more than one chance.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    They should respond in < one biz day.

If not pop off an email, still no answer look for another merchant or if you really want to know what's up call the company.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Small size merchant is usually managed by one person. Maybe they are on holiday.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    And that is being very generous. I would bet that most affiliates don't give a merchant more than one chance.
    Ah, what can I say?? I'm probably too easy.
    Generate more fake news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRS
    Small size merchant is usually managed by one person. Maybe they are on holiday.
    Actually, the "Affiliate Program" may be managed by the owner of the company if it is a very small business. This person may be dealing with all kinds of issues in addition to the affiliate program.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I often email new applicants with questions. Sometimes it's not obvious how they intend to market our product line, or they don't have a working site in their account. Rather than click deny, I ask for more info. If they don't reply, they tend to pend.

Perhaps they've tried to contact you and the SaS email was blocked or got deleted. Try contacting the AM and asking what's up.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    I often email new applicants with questions. Sometimes it's not obvious how they intend to market our product line, or they don't have a working site in their account. Rather than click deny, I ask for more info. If they don't reply, they tend to pend.

Perhaps they've tried to contact you and the SaS email was blocked or got deleted. Try contacting the AM and asking what's up.
    We do the same, but many don't reply, we decline them at the moment but we do not delete them.

They're welcome to submit another site or discuss their plans.

We have about a 7% decline rate.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager
    I keep our program set on Auto approve. I have found that 99% of affiliates that want to work with me are legit. By having it on auto they are approved and get their code right away and then while its on their minds they can go and grab the text link/banner/code and get running,

I do Manually check every affiliate within 24 hours and if I see one that i am a bit curious about I decline them which (thru sas) sends out a auto email asking for more info.

If i dont hear back from them then they are booted.

My decline rate is under 2% ( not counting all the new shopping template sites which are throw away)
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan

I really think it is just a case with small affiliates.
    Many afiliates like me who keep an eye on every email haven't had such things. I have contacted such merchants through email too but of no use. And some of them who do not reply aren't small merchants, they are actually big ones.

A big problem that SaS needs to look into. Probably a better communication system or an inbuilt mail feature in SaS(As discussed by me in other threads) would be ideal.

AMEET SHIVRAM

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread