Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Merchant Commissions Not as Advertised
    I've noticed in the past that when you do a search for merchants and look at the program summaries that come up, and even when you look at a merchant's "Program Details", the infomration provided as the "Commission Structure" is not always accurate. However, when the percentage listed is a link, clicking on the link usually provides no further information.

Only when you go throug the sometimes lenghty "Merchant's Terms of Agreement", if even then, do you find a more detailed, and frequently different, commission structure.

So, I was looking through the list of new merchant's for August, and I found an appealing new merchant, whose commission structure was listed in the summary as "20% per sale". I clicked on "Program Details" and again, near the top of the merchant's info it was stated "Sale Commission: 20.00 %".

Only after going through a lengthy section of merchant's terms much further down on the page, did I find a chart of "Referral Fee Rates by Product Category", setting out 6 separate product catagories, each with its own separate commission rates, and each catagory was further divided into 5 different commission rates, according to monthly sales.

The rates for the 6 catagories, for sales up to $2,000 per month (in each catagory) ranged from 3% to 12%.

In only 1 of the 6 catagories could you ever reach a 20% commission rate, and that is only for sales reaching $100,000 per month.

I think for a merchant to be able to advertise their commission rate in this situation as 20% is more than misleading, but is actually deceitful.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Why with hold the name, let us all stay clear.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan367
    Why with hold the name, let us all stay clear.
    It's not like this particular merchant is the only one, and anyone who may be serious about joining this merchant should read through their entire Merchant's Terms of Agreement, and thus see their commission schedule before applying.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread