Seeking Affiliate Feedback re: Performics
    I'd like to hear from any affiliates who are using Performics, to address these questions:
    - How do you handle datafeeds? Are there glitches? Do updates fail?
    - Does Performics provide competent support to affiliates?
    - Does Performics terminate parasites? Are they pro-active on this?

I am also specifically concerned about the fact that [my merchant] will have active affiliate programs through both Performics and CJ (and MyAP until that relationship ends next month), and I'm not sure how they handle the issue of "multiple cookies," nor how they handle parasites or cookie-stuffing. I know that CJ seems to have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy toward parasites, so I'm also worried that a CJ-affiliated parasite might stuff a cookie which ends up poaching my Performics commission. How have other affiliates dealt with this problem?

I vaguely asked for feedback in my earlier thread (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93298) but received no replies from other publishers/affiliates.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Many glitches. Also glitches in the link creator with new merchants, ie: Target.
    No. My opinion only of course, but I have sent no less than 15 emails to PFX account managers in the past three years that were not even answered. I did finally get a contact there who has been very helpful at times in cleaning up the mess of their other account managers.
    For the most part, the lines of communication between the affiliate and the merchant are severed at PFX. I have heard for nearly two years now that this was soon to change, but I have yet to see it.
    See the results of this study. For a network with only a handful of merchants (compared to CJ or LS) to rank #1 in network prevalence of Zango clicks speaks volumes.

And your post speaks volumes, too.

I've emailed my merchant, advising them that our relationship has definitely ended.

I have added Performics to my list of unethical & incompetent merchants (joining LinkShare, CJ, and Kowabunga/MyAP). I won't work with any affiliate program administered through any of these solution providers, and I'll be looking closely before joining any merchant's programs elsewhere if the merchant also offers a program through one of these four outfits.

Action Jackson - King of the World

I have them sent to my server. Occasionally feeds aren't updated for certain merchants.

Whenever I have a problem support always gets back to me within 2 days, usuaully by the next day so support is very good.

This doesn't affect my decision to work with any major network so not appplicable for me.

ABW Ambassador
    "I have added Performics to my list of unethical & incompetent merchants (joining LinkShare, CJ, and Kowabunga/MyAP)."

To each his own but I like to focus more on the merchant than the network and there are good merchants in all those networks.

Datafeeds not sure.

As far as support. Now I've always liked to be able to talk to the merchant directly without any middle man (network) and that's how it's always been kind of setup at Performics with them running the programs. But I know recently there was an announcement that they have opened it up to outside affiliate managers/OPMs and it's up to the merchant to make that choice. Back to support. I've actually had great support. Anytime I would have a problem, they usually got back to me within 24 hrs. Could be help with reapplying to a merchant, reissuing a check I didn't cash soon enough, they sent me another, that kind of thing. But it's pretty rare I contact a network for anything, just don't really need much. And I'm really loving the Orange Links.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread