What do you like better and why?
    Linkshare, CJ or someone else? and Why?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This has been asked many time in the past, most recently here , with posts including poll results and links to additional threads on the subject.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I really prefer ShareASale for many reasons.

1) coupons are easy to get
    2) datafeed files are free
    3) program is managed better

If you give me time, I can think of some more...

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I really prefer ShareASale for many reasons.

1) coupons are easy to get
    2) datafeed files are free
    3) program is managed better

If you give me time, I can think of some more...
    4) parasite free
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

As AffiliateHound notes, this is a frequently-recurring topic raised by "newbies" on ABW; definitely check out the thread linked in that reply.

I think that in every single poll or survey or discussion on ABW in the past few years, ShareASale has been the overwhelming favorite of affiliates. That doesn't mean every merchant at SAS is great (there are many hundreds of scummy or poor-quality merchants there) nor that SAS does everything right, but most affiliates here agree that SAS is absolutely the best at serving merchants and affiliates.

Probably the biggest difference is that the other top-tier "affiliate networks" all focus primarily on "selling accounts to merchants and then maximizing the network's profit from merchant relationships," while SAS focuses on providing service to its merchants and affiliates.

Over the 11 years that I've been involved in the affiliate industry, I've developed a bitter dislike for LinkShare and Commission Junction, and for a variety of reasons which I've already mentioned several times this week, this summer I've added Performics and Kowabunga/MyAP/Kolimbo to my "blacklist" of affiliate networks I will not work with, either as an affiliate or as a consultant to merchants. (My #1 merchant during the last Christmas season was a Kowabunga/MyAP merchant, but they're understandably jumping ship, unfortunately to CJ and Perfomics, so I won't be working with them this Christmas.)

I think it's important to note (once in a while) that the term "affiliate network" is really not an accurate title for any of these companies, since none of them facilitate "networking" among affiliates, among merchants, or between affiliates and merchants. Instead, they are "affiliate technology solution providers" who serve multiple merchants. The only "network" element is that once an affiliate joins an affiliate program for a specific merchant, the affiliate can "more easily" learn about and join the programs offered by other merchant customers of the company -- but with many hundreds or even thousands of merchant clients per provider, this proves to be only a marginal "network-like" benefit. Merchants do not have meaningful access to affiliates who have not enrolled in the merchant's specific program, nor do affiliates have access to each other. Some companies actually impose extra obstacles and fees for every communication between a merchant and an affiliate. Most of these providers host tightly-controlled "conferences" (really "rallies") for their merchants to attend; at least one actually reminds each attendee, before and during the event, about the confidentiality clauses in their contracts, which effectively prevent merchants from comparing notes or sharing any useful information.

The real "affiliate network" is really right here at ABestWeb -- this is where affiliates, merchants, and other "affiliate industry" stakeholders can communicate openly and effectively.
    Last edited by markwelch; August 14th, 2007 at 12:10 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    mweidner2782, try them all out and then come back and update this thread and tell use which one you like the best and why. There are good merchants in all the networks and all the networks have their plusses and minuses. I've found lots of good merchants in all of them.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mweidner2782
    Linkshare, CJ or someone else? and Why?
    CJ

"Why?"

It all comes down to the bottom line. CJ still is the network that contributes the most to it, and therefore does the most to keep evil empl*yment away from me. So they win.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread