Barnes And Noble Reporting Delay. WTF!
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the horrendous reporting delay from Barnes and Noble. They haven't posted results in over 14 days. This is the height of Textbook buying season and they don't post results for two weeks?

What kindof incompetence is this? The busiest book buying season and they choose to go "offline"????

I mean, come on people. Show some smarts....
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hello,

I'm sorry you did not receive the service announcement update sent on 8/1. Please see the below.

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    Manager, Affiliate Customer Support

As a follow-up to the e-mail of July 12th, we wanted to give you an update on the system upgrade at Barnes&Noble.com. On July 30th the upgrade was completed. This means that there will be no demand sales shown in ConnectCommerce for the time being as all sales are now being captured in the new system. We estimate that all missing orders since June 29th will be available in ConnectCommerceSM by August 15th.

Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we complete this important transition. We will provide another communication once all orders have been updated.

Sincerely,

The Barnes&Noble.com Affiliate Team

BarnesandNobleATpublisher.performics.com

I got the message. That wasn't my point. My point was that any type of two plus week delay is inexcusable. The fact that it is the most active time of the year just amplifies the severity.

What possible technical reason would result in a 2 week delay? Be careful, I build high volume websites for a living, so I know the answer is none... The only real answer is that you guys are data sifting for some reason that you aren't making public.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hello,

I will send your feedback to Barnes & Noble.com. Orders will be visible in the interface shortly.

Thank you,

Jamie

It is now beyond EOB on August 16th and still no stats from Barnes And Noble. Do they plan on just taking the entire month of August off from reporting? Perhaps they don't think that reporting is necessary?

It is impossible to do any type of PPC bid management if you don't know how your sales are doing. I get the feeling that whom ever is running the Barnes and Noble affiliate program doesn't understand this or simply doesn't care about their affiliates. Otherwise this situation would have never arisen in the first place.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread