ABW Ambassador
    >>discuss issues and news.
    Not sure if this belongs in the SE forum or here. If in wrong place, please move.
    ---

Google now has a link on their front page New! Take your search further. Take a Google Tour. Part of the tour shows Froogle and bills it as:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Having decided to soak your stress away in a home hot tub, you use Froogle, the new product search service from Google, to find the best deal on exactly the model you want to buy. Froogle's objective results take you directly to the store selling the tub you're hot for. Use Froogle to locate the best deal on the exact products you want. Searching through millions of relevant web sites, Google pinpoints sites offering any specific product you select, enabling you to save money and time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also list Google Catalogs.

I just mention it because as we've all known about these forever, they are still in Beta, and not accessible from the front page. Joe User probably doesn't know of their existance. Now he's one step closer to seeing them.

A lot of scary, imo, things going on and possibly happening in the future for those affiliates who rely largely on Google traffic...

Comments?

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

Google needs to be careful, it stands to loose a lot of AdWords money from affiliates if it refuses to list all of the sites featuring a particular product.

All of these things just take Google further away from their main focus: relevant searching. The time and money being spent on developing Froogle and other things they have in the works could be spent updating more frequently. There are still many areas where Google falls short of perfection.

Then there's the Yahoo/Inktomi deal. Google might want to be very concerned about that one, as it has the potential to be a very strong contender in the SE world.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Foogle does not discrimate. It lists products including affilate product links when you have a good deal on them. The key is to learn how to use it to ones benifit. It is not going away and can actually be an effective tool for affilate marketing.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

I think they have a long way to go before froogle is ready for prime time. This weekend, my content site got a visitor referred from froogle. It picked up a CJ product link I had on that page. Granted I was on page 13 in the serps, but that’s without even trying to get into the listings. Once the algo is cracked, and it will be cracked, you’ll either see a bunch of affiliate sites showing up high in the serps, or a lot of irrelevant content showing up unless they reserve the top sports for “approved” merchants with data feeds. I think the manual approval process would be problematic for google simply because of personnel resources. It would be as much of a pain to get into froogle as it can be to get into the open directory.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Once the algo is cracked, and it will be cracked, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oboy! A new video game!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread