Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Dell Transition Off Of Linkshare
    Dear Valued Dell Home Affiliate:

Thank you for your participation in the Dell Home affiliate program in the LinkShare Network. As of August 29 2007, Dell Home and Dell Outlet plan to change providers. This change will not affect your relationship with any other LinkShare merchant partner, including the Dell Canada Affiliate Program.

Dell will be performing a "light switch" transition to their new provider. This means that their LinkShare links will no longer earn commissions after 11:59 pm CDT on August 28, 2007. You must have your new links ready to go at this time. We know how important this program is to many of you, so we are giving you advance notice, with the hope that you will not be caught off guard.

Of course, you will be paid for transactions generated through your Dell Home and Dell Outlet LinkShare links through August 28, 2007. But be aware that Dell commissions will not accrue with LinkShare links after that date and all order inquiries must be received through LinkShare by October 31, 2007. This would be a good time to make sure that your personal contact information in LinkShare is accurate so you can receive your final commission check in a timely manner.

If you have any questions regarding the Dell Home transition, please contact us at DellHome@linkshare.com

We wish you continued success with the Dell Home program. We hope this helps you though the transition and, as always, we thank you for being a LinkShare affiliate.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, that's a big merchant leaving. So wonder if it's Performics or CJ.

Let's see

-Apple
    -Target
    -Dell

Do I hear somebody knocking at WalMart's door?
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I am guessing CJ considering DELL SB moved there recently. Even though I know it's not going to happen, it would be great if they went to SAS!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ske9963
    Let's see

-Apple
    -Target
    -Dell

Do I hear somebody knocking at WalMart's door?
    Ah yeah, forgot about those for a split second. They're losing some major brands.

Its CJ

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TI Master
    Its CJ
    If they go to CJ along side the Befree transfer their biggest diversion hole becomes a problem. Since inception referral traffic to Dell.com from either BF/CJ for the Small Biz division whacked cookies from the LS Outlet/Home division... and vice versa. Cross over that imaginary line at Dell.com, while shopping, and the seperate network referral cookies got whacked. Now how is CJ going to justify and report 2 seperate Dell.com programs? My guess is this leopard won't hange it's spots and will run 2 seperate Merchant ID cookie sets and the game continues.

The use deal popups, cart cross sells and specials banners to make the shopper cross the invisible cookie whacking line.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I really hope that they don't consolidate Dell Home and Small Biz both onto the lower, 1% Dell Home Systems commission structure at CJ. I never understood the big discrepancy, but I'll happily live with the mystery as long as I don't get paid 1% across the board.

No, there are two separate programs on CJ. If it was one program, they could commission us across the subsites regardless of which you entered through. Of course this way, it stays the same way as before.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread