Man Oh Man!

Okay - Here's the story. I created a new site about a week ago and immediately started directing traffic via Pay Per Click (about $10 to $20 a day's worth). So far my sales aren't so hot so I adjusted some things on the site tonight which should help.

However - I found one thing on my site that definitely wasn't helping. Instead of hyperlinking people to the home page of my site - I was redirecting people to a competitors .tv domain name instead of my domain which is a .biz ("tv" is in my domain name).

Haaaaa!!!!!!! I bet they were getting a big kick out of the free traffic and sales they were getting because of my stupidity! Oh well - Live and Learn.

Larry Wentz

ABW Ambassador

I applaud you for the willingness to share... I woudlnt have

That is pretty funny, though

Better luck next time...

Lmao Larry,

Thanks for sharing that. Jeeeesh, I'm surprised the other site owner didn't email you to tell you about your mistake, lmao.

FWIW, I ran off over 100 business cards on my printer before I found that the site I put on the card was .com when it should of been .info.

My really big mistake was when I got a good listing for a page. I had mispelled a word in the title (not trying to). The problem with the mispelling is the way it came out is one of the nastiest words around. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any traffic until a good samaritan emailed me about the listing. Luckily it was just in MSN near the top and not in Google where it would of been there for the whole month.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Now that is funny!!
    Sounds like something I would do.

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread