Not even sure what I need....
    I'm sketching out a new site and something I've seen on a lot of site I'd like to ad is the 'who's on' that uses the little avatars. Something like on bumpzee.com.

I've seen it on several sites, I presume it's some sort of module or widget or something. I searched on hotscripts, but not even sure what to call it to search.

Is there some repository/site for various 'interaction' add-ons like voting (ala digg) who's on (bumpzee) etc... or are these part of some larger script, blog, cms? (hopefully these are in php?)

Sorry to ask what I'm sure is such a dumb question. I typically write my code from scratch, but figured if these are available it would make things a lot easier on this particular site.

Thanks!
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Sorry to ask what I'm sure is such a dumb question. I typically write my code from scratch, but figured if these are available it would make things a lot easier on this particular site.

Thanks!
    Absolutely not a "dumb question" at all. I looked around for that stuff awhile myself. I can point you toward the solution on blogs -- which I use on a couple of mine -- it's a service called MyBlogLog. You can find it via Google or by simply adding "dot com" to that. (Just wasn't sure whether forum policy would allow a clickable link to the site.)

As I said, I use that for blogs. They have the free level, which I and I suspect most people use, or a paid version with more bells and whistles.

As for non-blog sites -- I'm sure I've seen something like that, but I don't know whether it is offered for non-bloggers by MyBlogLog, or whether there's a different service available. I suspect there might be some sort of script and/or widget for non-blogging sites.

Any one else?
    Generate more fake news.

Sounds like you might want forum software. Try, for example, http://www.yabbforum.com/
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread