Hosting All in one or Breakum up?
    I currently have hosting package and host all my domains on one IP address. Is that the best way or should I host with different companies to get different IP Addresses? (Then do some linking between my sites) Would any one be interested in trading hosting?

Thanks,
    Doug

Tax Paying Member
    I assume that you are speaking of dedicated IP addresses. Why can't you get different IP addresses with the same host???
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

How many domains? Are they all on a shared hosting account? You might want to at least open another account with another host...

Yes I am talking about IP Addresses. I have an accout where I can host about 50 domains I have access to WHM Cpanel to all the domains for about $35 a month.

I never really thought of asking for more than 1 IP address.

Thanks,
    Doug

Hosting with only one web host means all of your sites are down if the host is down, or all of them are down if one of your sites goes above capacity and gets temporarily suspended.

Performance-wise, I've found out recently that numerous sites on a single account can really bog them all down when traffic starts to pick up.

Fortunately I have two web hosting accounts, and this helps spread out the load so that if one goes down I still have the other sites up and running. And if one site gets slammed from a Digg or StumbleUpon vote, then the other sites on the other hosting account still perform well.

not to mention the cross linking. If you are making some cash having the accounts on different host allows better cross linking from different ip blocks. It's not just enough to have extra ips they need to be in different blocks too.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread